Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

90-120 days

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90-120 days

Is the estimate I was given.

Ordered:
2011 Q5 3.2 PP
Deep Sea Blue/Black Interior (seemingly very rare combo)
Nav/MMI
S-Line (gotta have those gorgeous 20s)
B&O
All Weather mats and wheel locks

Went through Zag/ConsumerReports, got it for 900 over invoice including the $875 dest charge.

You would not believe how many dealers I called in VA/MD asking if they'd price match this and all said "lowest we can go is 500/1000/1500 off sticker". They would not go the extra 1500/1000/500. That, and the doc fees in VA are unreal. Couple dealers had doc fees over $375. My offer has $0 doc fees (part of this MD dealer's thing is no doc fees). Tysons Audi said 1000 off msrp with 375 doc fee. Told the rep I had 2065 off sticker with no doc fee in my hand, and he said "nice deal. Let me know how it works out.". Yikes. I guess they really sell their allotment at their prices...

They also included the labor to mount/balance a set of all-season tires during PDI. They're going to tell me when it's in port so I can have them shipped then.

Anyone want a set of stock S-line tires with very low miles come June?
Old 02-12-2011, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Congratulations! Good deal - it's definitely worth the time to shop around.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Geese
Is the estimate I was given.

Ordered:
2011 Q5 3.2 PP
Deep Sea Blue/Black Interior (seemingly very rare combo)
Nav/MMI
S-Line (gotta have those gorgeous 20s)
B&O
All Weather mats and wheel locks
Nice! I have Deep Sea Blue w Black and you're right it does appear to be rare. A lot of folks go with the Cinnamon interior on the DSB and it also looks great but the fact that I have a young son and like a dark interior pushed me to that combo. Congrats, you will love it.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks!

Exactly. Dark leather and dark carpet in the footwells tends to handle wear and spills so much better than light beige or grey. I personally think the Cinnamon leather should be much, much darker and richer since it's paired with an ebony interior. That's fine, because a lot of folks really like it. But, I've been tracking the US inventory and I've not seen a Blue with Black S-Line in the last 90 days. About 3 Blue with Cinn S-Lines, but none with black. Not sure why Audi is pushing that combo so heavily.

Questions for the group:
- How often did you get updates from your dealer? What were the milestones and approx timeframes?
- Anyone *very* recently order and get some dates/timeframes?
Old 02-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Sounds like a decent deal. I too have DSBP with black and absoultely love it!
Old 02-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Geese
My offer has $0 doc fees (part of this MD dealer's thing is no doc fees).
I think we ordered our Q5 from the same MD dealer*. It was one of the most pleasant "negotiation" sessions I have had in 35 years of buying cars. Their initial offer with no doc fees was $1000 over invoice, which I thought was a quite fair place to start. Hope to be taking delivery of the Q in mid March. In our case it's a meteor grey over black S-Line in the Prestige with Drive-Select.
*I have been hearing a lot of very positive info on the FSK store and didn't even price-compare due to the very cordial approach they took.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

FSK is the place. My "negotiations" with Jacob were "please send me the OTD price on this zag.com offer". An hour later, I had the full price with all the tax/tags. Submitted a good faith deposit, and the next day Daniel called to say it was ordered and said basically "we'll keep you updated as things go, thank you for your business".

Agreed on the negotiation being extremely painless because I literally called 15 dealers in the VA/MD/PA/NJ area and only one even came close to FSK's zag offer. As far as I'm concerned, no need to deal further because they earned it straight up.

Let me know how your delivery process goes. And, of course, post pictures! Every time someone posts their "take delivery" pics, it numbs the pain of waiting for a few days...
Old 02-12-2011, 04:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by LuckyLeif
I think we ordered our Q5 from the same MD dealer*. It was one of the most pleasant "negotiation" sessions I have had in 35 years of buying cars. Their initial offer with no doc fees was $1000 over invoice, which I thought was a quite fair place to start. Hope to be taking delivery of the Q in mid March. In our case it's a meteor grey over black S-Line in the Prestige with Drive-Select.
*I have been hearing a lot of very positive info on the FSK store and didn't even price-compare due to the very cordial approach they took.
One more thing:

When did you order yours? Some of the "bigger" dealers who refused to deal with me were like "where did you get that offer?" and offered "advice" to me making sure that the dealer had allotment and to give me a delivery time of 3-4 months because "they sometimes can take up to 6 months".

Thanks!
Old 02-12-2011, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered mine mid Oct and it will be here next wk. All updates came because I asked.