Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Advice on 15k miles service

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gat821
My understanding is tire rotation is not included in Audicare.
Well at 5k I asked and it was done.
My 15k is scheduled for next week and I will ask again - albeit I am still driving on my snows and need to swap them out in a few more weeks... so if the dealership does not, then the rotation will be done at my aftermarket shop.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by loscoz
Well at 5k I asked and it was done.
My 15k is scheduled for next week and I will ask again - albeit I am still driving on my snows and need to swap them out in a few more weeks... so if the dealership does not, then the rotation will be done at my aftermarket shop.
Yep, at 5k it's definitely included. I'm taking Audicare as applying only after that, since the 5k is free. It doesn't hurt to ask, and I will do so as well when my 15k comes up. Why they don't officially include it is strange.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yep, at 5k it's definitely included. I'm taking Audicare as applying only after that, since the 5k is free. It doesn't hurt to ask, and I will do so as well when my 15k comes up. Why they don't officially include it is strange.
How much does it cost for Audicare?? I won't get my Q5 for another two months, but that wasn't something we talked about when I ordered.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cost me $800. It's an add-on, don't worry, I'm sure your dealer will advertise it to you, together with things like extended warranty, ding shield, lo-jack etc
Old 03-29-2011, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Audicare covers rotation at 5K only, had to pay $85.00 for rotation w/my 15K Audicare covered service.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GoinAudiMyMind
Audicare covers rotation at 5K only, had to pay $85.00 for rotation w/my 15K Audicare covered service.
The 5k service isn't part of Audicare. Wow! 85 bucks.... I think I'll just have firestone do it.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by PilotDeviation
The way I look at it, if you have a mechanic you trust and won't screw up the simple task of oil changes and filter replacements, then go that route. If not, Audicare is the cheapest way to go and you have a little more peace of mind that it is (probably!) being done correctly.

I've had too many negative experiences with places like Jiffy Lube and local mechanics that I just go the AudiCare route. But if you have a good mechanic that you trust, you can save a lot of cash.

In general I'd agree--but my dealership delivered an 'ordered' from Germany car to me that had some blemishes on it that--for a luxury liner--is unacceptable in my view. I wouldn't let the car out of my home garage the way I received it at the dealer. I took it elsewhere to be fixed. It's a mixed bag. If you know a local Audi mechanic who you trust, I don't see any reason not to capture the savings and help the reliable local mechanic.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by GoinAudiMyMind
$85 for tire rotation????
are they nuts? are you sure it didn't include anything else?
my dealer quoted $30 and i still think that's too high.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GaryZ
Cost me $800. It's an add-on, don't worry, I'm sure your dealer will advertise it to you, together with things like extended warranty, ding shield, lo-jack etc
I was told that AudiCare is a set cost from Audi not per each dealership.
When we ordered our Q5 back in Feb09 we were quoted a different AudiCare cost ($725 I think but don't quote me) but when we bought it, when the Q5 was actually at the dealership, and all the sales docs signed, it was the $800 cost.

And just to clarify, AudiCare does NOT include the other things mentioned above like the extended warranty, ding shield, lo-jack etc... those were additional (OUCHie) costs.

OH BTW I don't know if it was previously mentioned, or if folks do know, so sorry if I reiterate but, the AudiCare stays with the vehicle not the owner so if for ANY reason you trade in your vehicle before the AudiCare is done you loose.
I know someone who had a 'lemon car' and is still fighting to get the AudiCare transferred over to the new replacement vehicle!
Old 03-30-2011, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

From my understanding, and maybe this is just 2011's in the US, the 5000 service is covered by Audi. Audicare kicks in after that up to whatever you purchased it for, in my case 40,000 miles. The deal is, though, at least on a lease, you have to take your car to Audi for service if you purchase AudiCare because you get a 1% bump in residual, so they are expecting the car to be in great shape when you return the vehicle.

For a lease Audicare really makes sense because you're not really paying the entire $800 after you get that bump in the residual. My understanding is that the 35,000 service is quite expensive and Audicare almost pays for itself at that point.

Quick Reply: Advice on 15k miles service