Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Agreed on a deal for a MY13 Q5

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Agreed on a deal for a MY13 Q5

So after a few months of looking around and test drives, I finalized a deal for a MY13 Q5 2.0T. It is a Premium Plus w/ Nav, Adv Key, B&O and 19" rims. Color is blue exterior w/ tan. This will be my wife's primary vehicle. The dealer had a 3.2 model in-stock but it didn't have the B&O system. This was my only request since the vehicle will serve as the family hauler.

It is difficult to know when we can expect it in, perhaps sometime in October. I will be curious to see the order guide (when released) to see if the S-Line exterior package is available or rear heated seats.

After agreeing to the deal on the Q5, I completed a deal on a MY13 S4 for me. This will be in around September.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi, are you in US? I am in the same boat, dealer and I agreed on a price point for MY13 Q5, but dealer hasn't gotten the order guide, so I am waiting for that before I place an order.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am also on "standby" awaiting the US order guide. If you don't mind sharing, what was the deal you agreed on?
Old 05-01-2012, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

How does this work, are you agreeing to a number over invoice? Or a discount from MSRP?
Old 05-01-2012, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

PM sent
Old 05-01-2012, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ryancanon
How does this work, are you agreeing to a number over invoice? Or a discount from MSRP?
invoice + $ for moi.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

do the offer ventilated seats for the 2013MY on the 2.0T?
Old 05-01-2012, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The GM and I agreed to an amount over invoice. For my area the 2.0T's are usually sold before hitting the dealers lot. Even several years after the introduction it is still a hot seller. My specific deal was for $750 above invoice. The salesperson and GM have been very good to me. It wasn't worth it to me to find another dealer to save a few hundred dollars on a car with an MSRP of $46k.

My build and price estimate was based on MY12. The dollars over invoice will be carryover plus the Audi Loyalty incentive (right now at $1.5k). I might be tempted by the 3.0T but it is my wife's vehicle and she has put a high-priority on fuel economy. Thus the 2.0T.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by NHman
The GM and I agreed to an amount over invoice. For my area the 2.0T's are usually sold before hitting the dealers lot. Even several years after the introduction it is still a hot seller. My specific deal was for $750 above invoice. The salesperson and GM have been very good to me. It wasn't worth it to me to find another dealer to save a few hundred dollars on a car with an MSRP of $46k.

My build and price estimate was based on MY12. The dollars over invoice will be carryover plus the Audi Loyalty incentive (right now at $1.5k). I might be tempted by the 3.0T but it is my wife's vehicle and she has put a high-priority on fuel economy. Thus the 2.0T.
wow. so after incentive, price of car is 750 below invoice??? i have a 3 series now. do audi offer a competitor incentive, and will it stack on top of the agreed price?
Old 05-01-2012, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by surlung
wow. so after incentive, price of car is 750 below invoice??? i have a 3 series now. do audi offer a competitor incentive, and will it stack on top of the agreed price?
The incentive is from the manufacturer (i.e. Audi) and should always be subtracted from the negotiated price. Loyalty and conquest are from the manufacturer. I believe this is a conquest amount of $1k but others on this forum might be able to confirm it. You may want to check the numbers on True Car. There is some good information available.

Quick Reply: Agreed on a deal for a MY13 Q5