Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Another 3 months wait...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another 3 months wait...

Hi all,

First time posting here at AW. I just found out yesterday that the dealer I ordered the Q5 from "messed up" my order (which was placed back in end of August) and the car that arrived is completely different than my original order. He basically called me up (with me thinking that my Q5 has arrived...), told me for some reason they are unclear of that the car is in lava grey (which I ordered Ibis white), with s-line and B&O(which I did not ask for) and that I can either take this car, or wait another 3 months...at the mean time the discounts I had on the car under the supplier program is no longer valid b/c I left the company. It's the dealer's attitude that made me real angry/disappointed, they didn't even have a good explanation as to why the order went "wrong" and didn't really apologize for making me wait 3 mos just to find out I have to wait another 3 months~!

I'm thinking prbly someone was willing to pay higher price for the car I ordered (for immediate delivery), and they just made up this "wrong order" story to fool me. I can't imagine waiting another 3 months for the Q5, but don't intend to go with another model because I like the Q5 so much...

Feeling completely played by the dealer but donno what to do. Maybe I should just take the loaner car and wait for 3 months with the same dealer. Does anyone know or have experienced this with their dealers?
Old 11-29-2009, 06:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I wonder if Audi USA cares about poor Dealer performance? Mistakes can happen but I find it hard to believe that your situation was a mistake. I ordered my Q5 ( in mid Sept. The communications with my dealer has been OK and it's expected to arrive just before or just after Christmas. As much as I want the Q5 I would not do business with a dealer that failed to communicate, during the delivery process, and was cavalier about a major screw up. At a minimum they need to sweeten the deal to keep your business. There's nothing I dislike more than a Dealer that is complacent about customer service.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:19 AM
DrV
AudiWorld Senior Member

Where are you located? Do you have any other dealers to choose from? If that happened to me I would have seriously considered my second option (not an Audi), or gone to my next closest Audi dealer, so I salute you for sticking with the brand! It probably warrants a complaint, if you don't get an apology and some restitution from the dealership's general manager, go higher up. Remember that you can purchase at another dealership and still have your car serviced at your local dealership. Good luck to you and keep us up to date.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DrV
...Remember that you can purchase at another dealership and still have your car serviced at your local dealership. Good luck to you and keep us up to date.
I am from Toronto Canada. The dealer has agreed to accept invoice + $2000 markup because I am a member of APA Canada (automobile purchaser association) for the new order, which I think is reasonable. Considering the dealer will lend me a loaner car for the next 3 months, I am considering going with them again, since I am without a vehicle currently...If I order from another dealer, this will likely be the best price they will offer. So either way, I will need to wait another 3 months. Also, I will definitely complain to Audi Canada about this dealer and their practice. They need to understand no matter how popular the model is, customer service is still the number one quality that distinguishes the dealer and brand!
Old 11-29-2009, 09:39 AM
DrV
AudiWorld Senior Member

I hope you get a S5 as a loaner!
Old 11-29-2009, 11:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DrV
I hope you get a S5 as a loaner!
Me too~! but the possibility are...extremely slim... I still can't believe what a hassle this has been
Old 11-29-2009, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfzero2
I wonder if Audi USA cares about poor Dealer performance? Mistakes can happen but I find it hard to believe that your situation was a mistake. I ordered my Q5 ( in mid Sept. The communications with my dealer has been OK and it's expected to arrive just before or just after Christmas. As much as I want the Q5 I would not do business with a dealer that failed to communicate, during the delivery process, and was cavalier about a major screw up. At a minimum they need to sweeten the deal to keep your business. There's nothing I dislike more than a Dealer that is complacent about customer service.
I could not agree more. I wonder if someone (with some juice) from Audi USA takes a look at this and other Audi forums? This is poor service in the extreme.

Bob
Old 11-29-2009, 08:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have few Audi SA on this forum. I would like to hear their opinion about this and their recommendation.

But, don't take me wrong -communication is a two way road - have you check and sign all papers?

And I agree with everyone here - if this is a dealer screw up - make your unhappy voice hear all the way to Germany.

Good luck, my friend, you needed.
Please, keep us posted.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I would be LIVID!!!! It sounds fishy to me, just from dealing with every dealership in the Provinces of Quebec and Ontario (we actually bought in Ontario) as there was none to be found, and we did find some shaddy dealerships, that were just after the sale.. period...

I would make a call to another Audi dealership nearby and see if you couldn't get the same deal with them, alot of those dealerships are owned by the same owner, so it can make it quite interesting.

Either way, I hope you get a good loaner, much better customer service (you've come to expect from owning such a prestigious vehicle) and possibly a quick order or they might find one to your specs!

Good luck
Old 11-30-2009, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Loyelle
Hi all,

First time posting here at AW. I just found out yesterday that the dealer I ordered the Q5 from "messed up" my order (which was placed back in end of August) and the car that arrived is completely different than my original order. He basically called me up (with me thinking that my Q5 has arrived...), told me for some reason they are unclear of that the car is in lava grey (which I ordered Ibis white), with s-line and B&O(which I did not ask for) and that I can either take this car, or wait another 3 months...at the mean time the discounts I had on the car under the supplier program is no longer valid b/c I left the company. It's the dealer's attitude that made me real angry/disappointed, they didn't even have a good explanation as to why the order went "wrong" and didn't really apologize for making me wait 3 mos just to find out I have to wait another 3 months~!

I'm thinking prbly someone was willing to pay higher price for the car I ordered (for immediate delivery), and they just made up this "wrong order" story to fool me. I can't imagine waiting another 3 months for the Q5, but don't intend to go with another model because I like the Q5 so much...

Feeling completely played by the dealer but donno what to do. Maybe I should just take the loaner car and wait for 3 months with the same dealer. Does anyone know or have experienced this with their dealers?
Ask your dealer to honor your original price and as long as they offer you a loaner, the wait is not as painful.

Quick Reply: Another 3 months wait...