Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Any Word on STaSIS 3.0 Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Any Word on STaSIS 3.0 Tune?

Just curious if anyone has heard an update on the 3.0 tune from STaSIS? I saw they recently launched their 3.0 Q7 tune, I was hoping the Q5 tune would be right around the corner.

I actually live right down the street from GIAC, but I can't imagine losing some warranty coverage on a brand new $50k vehicle. Plus, I'm not sure how tuning will effect my lease.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rkdiddy
I actually live right down the street from GIAC, but I can't imagine losing some warranty coverage on a brand new $50k vehicle. Plus, I'm not sure how tuning will effect my lease.
i just picked up my Q5 from audi mission viejo on friday. i asked my sales associate about stasis and their warranty. he said something to the effect that audi's relationship with stasis is not what it used to be. so i'd do a little more homework on the whole stasis warranty thing before you spring for it. people have said as much here and on audizine.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by joey jojo
i just picked up my Q5 from audi mission viejo on friday. i asked my sales associate about stasis and their warranty. he said something to the effect that audi's relationship with stasis is not what it used to be. so i'd do a little more homework on the whole stasis warranty thing before you spring for it. people have said as much here and on audizine.
That is actually the dealership I got my S4 tuned at. While I don't put a lot of credence in sales associates - I wouldn't be surprised if there is some truth there. With Audi's new direction of up-tuning engines and charging more, I can see how STaSIS' tune could negatively effect that.

Honestly, it was one of the main reason I chose the Q5 3.0 over holding out for the SQ5. I figured with a tune they would be pretty close in HP/TQ.

I guess we will see...
Old 08-10-2013, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isn't there something in writing one way or another on this??
Old 08-10-2013, 06:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rkdiddy
Just curious if anyone has heard an update on the 3.0 tune from STaSIS? I saw they recently launched their 3.0 Q7 tune, I was hoping the Q5 tune would be right around the corner.

I think Stasis was looking for someone to beta test the semos 8.51 ecu tune on their Q5 based on a thread over on audizine here's the link:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-APR-or-STASIS

The warranty from Stasis has been a topic on the b8 s4 forum a number of times. Audi is really cracking down on tuning and they were throwing many non-tune related claims back on Stasis and that's caused some problems. If you're worried about warranty - wait to tune your car till warranty is over, or trade the q5 for an sq5 (if you want the power now) which has about the same power as a stage 1 tune from either APR or GIAC. I can personally say a stage 2 tune in the Q5 is nothing short of crazy for an SUV, here's a youtube link of one of audizine members with stage 2 Q5 which show real world performance against some fairly potent vehicle's. Do you think a q5 3.0 could beat a new 2014 mustang gt 5.0 420hp? might be close, watch to find out.

There are options it's all about timing and risk.

Last edited by tmoe; 08-10-2013 at 06:09 AM. Reason: change text