Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Anyone used Lexol 3-in-1 quick wipes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone used Lexol 3-in-1 quick wipes?

Has anyone here used Lexol's 3-in-1 quick wipes for upkeep between thorough cleaning/conditionings, and if so, what has been your experience with them? I have the light grey seats, and the jean dye transfer gets pretty bad sometimes, and I wondered if these would be a way to keep the seats looking good between cleanings.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found it a bit too filmy for my taste. Left a reside on the seats it seemed. I ended up returning to their separate products, the Lexol leather cleaner and the Lexol conditioner.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Your experience was what I was afraid of. The directions for the product made me wonder if it'd leave some sort of weird residue behind that would be bothersome. Thanks for the heads-up, I'll keep looking for something that's quick/easy to use between major cleanings. If anyone here has any suggestions I'd be grateful.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UrbanExtant
If anyone here has any suggestions I'd be grateful.
I've used many leather products including Lexol(I have a 1/2 full can of it in the garage and it's probably going to go bad before I use it again). Zaino makes 2 products that I've used religiously for nearly 10 years. The "Leather Soft" cleaning spray should work very well for your needs. The "Leather in a Bottle" conditioner is super easy to use in that you wipe it on and walk away. That's it...no wiping of excess or buffing. I apply it with a small sponge and when I'm done that sponge goes into a Zip-lock and waits for next time. I've yet to use a better product on leather...and Lexol isn't even close.
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=Zaino
Old 02-08-2011, 03:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by HaveBullDogWillTravel
I've used many leather products including Lexol(I have a 1/2 full can of it in the garage and it's probably going to go bad before I use it again). Zaino makes 2 products that I've used religiously for nearly 10 years. The "Leather Soft" cleaning spray should work very well for your needs. The "Leather in a Bottle" conditioner is super easy to use in that you wipe it on and walk away. That's it...no wiping of excess or buffing. I apply it with a small sponge and when I'm done that sponge goes into a Zip-lock and waits for next time. I've yet to use a better product on leather...and Lexol isn't even close.
I've heard nothing but good things about Zaino. Could you be a bit more specific though? What does it do better than Lexol, aside from the conditioner not requiring a wipe down afterwards?

With the Lexol running low, it may be a good time to try this.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by gat821
I've heard nothing but good things about Zaino. Could you be a bit more specific though? What does it do better than Lexol, aside from the conditioner not requiring a wipe down afterwards?

With the Lexol running low, it may be a good time to try this.
It leaves the leather very soft and with a slick(non sticky) feel. The smell is of new leather...or at least similar to it. Lexol, on the other hand, requires much more effort(rubbing it into the surface of the leather), doesn't smell nearly as good, and according to the instructions works best if applied in several light applications. I dont have that much free time. Heaven forbid one gets too much on the seats; they'll end up with a sticky film that just won't go away. Yuck!
The Zaino is probably more expensive to use per application but IMO it's worth it.
The description on the Zaino website is accurate.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HaveBullDogWillTravel
It leaves the leather very soft and with a slick(non sticky) feel. The smell is of new leather...or at least similar to it. Lexol, on the other hand, requires much more effort(rubbing it into the surface of the leather), doesn't smell nearly as good, and according to the instructions works best if applied in several light applications. I dont have that much free time. Heaven forbid one gets too much on the seats; they'll end up with a sticky film that just won't go away. Yuck!
The Zaino is probably more expensive to use per application but IMO it's worth it.
The description on the Zaino website is accurate.
Do you use a Zaino product for the dashboard area as well?

Any Zaino product to clean the aluminum inlays?

Thanks again.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by M3NNAC3
Do you use a Zaino product for the dashboard area as well?

Any Zaino product to clean the aluminum inlays?

Thanks again.
I only use a damp M/fibre towel on dash and I have never had aluminum inlays. Look on the website and you might find something that will work. Their paint protecting products are FIRST RATE!
Old 02-09-2011, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

HaveBullDogWillTravel, thanks for the recommendations. I ordered the two products you mentioned. Do you use Zaino products for the exterior as well?

To chime in on the dashboard cleaning, it may sound silly, but the only thing I've ever needed to use on the dashboard was a swiffer duster. They work amazingly well at getting all the dust off of the dashboard, inside the vent crevices, and other tough to reach places around the car, and it takes a whole of about 5 minutes to do. I keep one in the glovebox and if I'm stuck in traffic I can kill time by cleaning! If I find a stubborn spot, I will do as HaveBullDogWillTravel does and use a dampened microfiber towel.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

[QUOTE=UrbanExtant;24102305]HaveBullDogWillTravel, thanks for the recommendations. I ordered the two products you mentioned. Do you use Zaino products for the exterior as well?
QUOTE]
short answer...yes
really long answer...
I use mostly Zaino...but also Ultima Paint Guard Plus and recently bought some Sonus Leather Care(It was on sale so I thought I'd give it a try).
Every spring and fall I clean and polish the car in this order.
Thursday...apply Gummipfledge to anything rubber except the tires.
Friday...Go over all of the glass with Zaino(or similar) glass polish using an orbital buffer and a dedicated pad. Continue polishing by hand any areas that were too tight for me to get with the polisher
Saturday...Wash car with Dawn(making sure to get off any residual Gummipfledge) and then go over it with a clay bar. Rinse. Dry car with leaf blower and Sonus Waffle Weave Drying towels. Polish with Zaino PC using orbital buffer, rinse and dry again. Park in garage.
Sunday...Apply either Zaino Clear-Seal or Ultima Paint Guard Plus to all painted surfaces and wheels. Once dry(about and hour), I'll apply Zaino Perfect Tire Gloss.
Monday AM(before leaving for work)...apply another coat of CS or PGP. It takes about 10 minutes to apply and needs no buffing...just walk away...or drive off.
After that I'll add additional coats of sealer any time it's convenient...usually on a Sunday morning after I've washed car on Saturday evening.
I used to use the more time consuming way to Zaino...Z-2 Show Car Polish with ZFX Flash Cure. It took longer to apply and remove but the results are superior...deeper, slicker, and shinier. I wish I had the time to do it like that. The Clear sealants are still plenty good...good enough for me, anyway.

Last edited by HaveBullDogWillTravel; 02-09-2011 at 02:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone used Lexol 3-in-1 quick wipes?