Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi announced Q5 TDI pricing starting at $46,500

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bürgermeister
You may not get much follow-up from your dealer in the immediate post-ordering phase, but you should be getting an ED Welcome Pkg from Audi pretty soon.
As to the S-Line exterior, perhaps the currently unavailablenotation will disappear before long. And stick with the TDI plan, I can't image you'd be sorry later ...
I think his comment was about the fact that the 3.0T comes stock with SLine bumpers and the TDI does not. I don't think he was referring to the SLinePlus package or it's delay.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark P
I think his comment was about the fact that the 3.0T comes stock with SLine bumpers and the TDI does not. I don't think he was referring to the SLinePlus package or it's delay.
Correct. I prefer the Comfort Package to the SLinePlus package. I want the ventilated seats and not summer-only tires, flat bottomed steering wheel, etc. Also, there is duplication in the SLinePlus package and the Driver Assist package that I am already getting (the drive select controls).

Thus, I must choose between the non-SLine exterior on the TDI, versus the SLine exterior on the gas 3.0. This is why I am getting second thoughts about the TDI. I could save $2,100 up front and get the nicer looking exterior. Another bonus if I were to make the change to gas would be that I could get my favorite exterior color choice, Daytona Gray, which is only available with the SLine exterior.

I am on the fence and figure with having placed the order 3 weeks ago I probably do not have much time to change the order.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKOlson
Another bonus if I were to make the change to gas would be that I could get my favorite exterior color choice, Daytona Gray, which is only available with the SLine exterior.
Make sure and check with the dealer (if you haven't already) that you can indeed do Daytona on a base 3.0T (no S-Line package). Since they explicitly say "exterior" it most likely works, but it'd suck if someone assumed that it worked and then comes to find out that it was misinformation and the package is required.

You also want to check and see how much longer you might have to change the order, based on the current estimates of when it goes into production. That way you know how long you have to agonize over whether to change or not, and when that decision is made for you.