Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi Campaign 91E6 is active for 2009 Q5s - MMI upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 10:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Murano nav = 10.4 million points of interests!!!

We had a 2009 Murano LE we sold to get the Audi....

I looked on Navteqs website because someone mentioned earlier that Navteq only responds to what the Carmakers want, as far as quality of database goes.

The 2009 Nissan Murano has 10.4 million POI's .... ..... guess how much the Audi has..... 1.4 million..... YES I did say one point four million.

A $50k car has 10% of the POI's in it's navigation compared to a car $17K cheaper. That is crazy.

The Audi is still A LOT more fun than the Murano though. I was just suprised by the huge difference in the POI's... I do know our Murano had a 40GB hard drive.... I think it was 40GB? Do we have a HDD in our Audi's (prestige)?
Old 08-15-2009, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, 40 GB
Old 08-15-2009, 01:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

A few things I have noticed now driving it a bit more since the update:

1) The voice prompts for navigation are now much more audible, even at low "voice prompt" volume setting levels in the settings for the Radio section

2) *most interesting* (maybe) - there is now a "customer update" option (at the very bottom) of the settings page on the Navigation section. If you select it, it then asks how you want to update: USB, DVD, SD 1, SD 2. Did we have this before? I can't remember...If not, then this could clearly be the path to the much desired POI/Navigation database upgrade that has been implemented which would allow this to be done without having to go to a dealer

We'll see
Old 08-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi,
I just had my hitch installed and asked them (dealer)about a software update but hadn't seen this post with the campaign number and they said there wasn't one yet. I mentioned it because the blutooth/phone ringer volume drives me crazy. I read somewhere that an update seperates the ringer and phone volume. Anyway, I will now have to approach the dealer with this update number. Thanks for the info.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by smca
A few things I have noticed now driving it a bit more since the update:

1) The voice prompts for navigation are now much more audible, even at low "voice prompt" volume setting levels in the settings for the Radio section

2) *most interesting* (maybe) - there is now a "customer update" option (at the very bottom) of the settings page on the Navigation section. If you select it, it then asks how you want to update: USB, DVD, SD 1, SD 2. Did we have this before? I can't remember...If not, then this could clearly be the path to the much desired POI/Navigation database upgrade that has been implemented which would allow this to be done without having to go to a dealer

We'll see
Yes, the "Customer Update" option has been on mine since day one.

phxflyboy
Old 08-16-2009, 05:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Before I went to MN last week my MMI would not turn on so I rang the Audi dealer to tell them about it and he said to bring it in, I told him that it had come back on so he told me not to bother because unless it was still out they could'nt fault find the problem, so I said what about the new software update?

his response was - there ain't one!

service did acutally come out and tell me that the car would take longer due to a brand new update, I did not ask about it because I was told there was not one yet,

so I would ask if I was you,
Old 08-16-2009, 08:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I believe there is a software update available, but many cars came from the factory with the latest software. I purchased my vehicle in March 09 and was told this week that my car already has the software versions listed in the warranty update. Thus, no update required for my vehicle.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MCNIERNEYC
I believe there is a software update available, but many cars came from the factory with the latest software. I purchased my vehicle in March 09 and was told this week that my car already has the software versions listed in the warranty update. Thus, no update required for my vehicle.
We bought ours in May 2009. How do I find out if I already have the update?
Old 08-17-2009, 07:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by pcw7w6
We bought ours in May 2009. How do I find out if I already have the update?
When you bring it in for your next service, they will check the service bulletin against your current version. If you don't want to wait for your next service, a service advisor would probably do it while you waited.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dogfather
Hi,
I just had my hitch installed and asked them (dealer)about a software update but hadn't seen this post with the campaign number and they said there wasn't one yet. I mentioned it because the blutooth/phone ringer volume drives me crazy. I read somewhere that an update seperates the ringer and phone volume. Anyway, I will now have to approach the dealer with this update number. Thanks for the info.
Can anyone confirm that the phone ringer volume issue is fixed in this campaign? I just had our Q5 in the shop for this campaign. There is no separate volume control after the update. I read through the 38 page update procedure at the dealer. It only mentioned the 3 items that SMCA previously posted.

The other possibility is that they didn't actually do the update on ours. Our current firmware is "HNav_US_K0110_1_D1". I didn't check it previously, so I don't know if it changed. The only other post that mentions the phone volume fix and the firmware revision is a European ("EU") firmware version. It's possible that the phone volume fix isn't available in the US yet.

Please post your experiences regarding this.

Quick Reply: Audi Campaign 91E6 is active for 2009 Q5s - MMI upgrade