Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

audi care & oil changes

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default audi care & oil changes

Hey all I have two questions. Im going to sit down with a dealer Thursday and want to make sure I know the game im talking!

Do you have Audi Care? Why or why not?

What are your opinions on the audi care? Is it basically for oil changes and a quick look over?

Do you take your Audi to another source for oil changes (jiffy lube) or do you stay with Audi dealers?

I have read somewhere that the oil changes are 140$ US. Is this close or crazy? I use synthetic in my TA and Jiffy lube is only 60$, i realize its two totally different animals, but Im the first in the family to get a German car Dad is jelouse and mom is annoyed LOL, and dont know a whole lot about them.
Thanks!
Old 07-28-2010, 02:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Audi Care is prepayment of scheduled maintenance. Last I checked, the cost was substantially less than purchasing all the services individually, i.e. a good deal. For the savvy, it's a sweetener when you're negotiating for your Q5. Reports of dealers adding it in for free to seal a deal are common...
Old 07-28-2010, 03:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rehajm
Audi Care is prepayment of scheduled maintenance. Last I checked, the cost was substantially less than purchasing all the services individually, i.e. a good deal. For the savvy, it's a sweetener when you're negotiating for your Q5. Reports of dealers adding it in for free to seal a deal are common...
According to my service department, you will save 20% if you prepay for the scheduled service via Audicare. In my opinion, the biggest value is convenience when you bring your vehicle in for service and you don't have to worry about price increases for the first 50k miles.

I would never use a quicklube service again! Had a bad experience with my VW whereby they left the oil cap off and did not fill the oil with the required synthetic. (of which I paid for) It ended up costing me more money in the end and I lost confidence in their quality control. I would not want to risk this with my Q5. Taking your vehicle to an Audi dealer provides comfort in that you have the Audi corporation as a backup if something happens. Dealing with a local quicklube can be a nightmare!!
Old 07-28-2010, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Q5ACK
According to my service department, you will save 20% if you prepay for the scheduled service via Audicare. In my opinion, the biggest value is convenience when you bring your vehicle in for service and you don't have to worry about price increases for the first 50k miles.

I would never use a quicklube service again! Had a bad experience with my VW whereby they left the oil cap off and did not fill the oil with the required synthetic. (of which I paid for) It ended up costing me more money in the end and I lost confidence in their quality control. I would not want to risk this with my Q5. Taking your vehicle to an Audi dealer provides comfort in that you have the Audi corporation as a backup if something happens. Dealing with a local quicklube can be a nightmare!!
funny, my first service the dealer left my oil cap off..
Old 07-28-2010, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by fuzzy911
Hey all I have two questions. Im going to sit down with a dealer Thursday and want to make sure I know the game im talking!

Do you have Audi Care? Why or why not?

What are your opinions on the audi care? Is it basically for oil changes and a quick look over?

Do you take your Audi to another source for oil changes (jiffy lube) or do you stay with Audi dealers?

I have read somewhere that the oil changes are 140$ US. Is this close or crazy? I use synthetic in my TA and Jiffy lube is only 60$, i realize its two totally different animals, but Im the first in the family to get a German car Dad is jelouse and mom is annoyed LOL, and dont know a whole lot about them.
Thanks!
1st of all, if you are going to take your brand new Audi to Jiffy Lube, you might as well just drive it into a wall and get it over with
Secondly, the synthetic oil in jiffy lube does not meet Audi's requirement. Also jiffy lube cannot perform Audi's require inspection and they cannot update your software either.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

If you purchase Audi Care you can get brake fluid flushes covered at the 25,000 and 45,000 mile services. Without it, you'll probably be paying around $190 a piece at the dealer for just the flushes.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by skierjen
If you purchase Audi Care you can get brake fluid flushes covered at the 25,000 and 45,000 mile services. Without it, you'll probably be paying around $190 a piece at the dealer for just the flushes.
The brake fluid flush is the reason why Audicare's price went up by $120 last year.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm still on the fence regarding Audi Care. I've owned my Q5 since March of this year.

My main concern - lack of quality service at the dealer. I have YET to find a competent dealer who doesn't perform half assed service.

For example - I posted about my steering column not tilting. No problem, dealer would fix it under warranty. I bring the car in - they replace the column in a couple of hours. I pick up the car, drive it home and notice that the steering wheel is not centered.

I call the dealer and he says mechanic put it on the way it came off. "OH Really". I bring it back, they correct it. I pick it up, look in the cup holder and find the screw covers that hide the screws behind the steering wheel. Somebody forgot to put them back on. OH, and I refused the dealers free car wash - last time their car wash ripped off the rear wiper cover.

SO - for me it comes down to me not trusting the dealer.

I'll be handling a lot of the maintenance myself -Oil changes, filter changes, Brake flushes - are all things I can do myself. The other items I'll bring in to an independent shop I trust.

When I look at the list of scheduled maintenance items - a lot of the items are things any shade tree mechanic can do.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

"My main concern - lack of quality service at the dealer. I have YET to find a competent dealer who doesn't perform half assed service."

I feel your pain. Lack of a quality dealership is the reason I got rid of my Volvo and switched to an Audi. From now on I'm starting with a dealer I can work with and choosing the model from there...
Old 07-30-2010, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know off hand whether Audi Care covers wear items like brake pads?

Quick Reply: audi care & oil changes