Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi Connect

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 06:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Connect

Curious to see if people spent the money on Audi Connect...I love the Google Maps but is that a reason to buy...I have a few days left on the $450 deal (15 a month)...Just curious...I know it is a preference but am curious to see and curious to see if people use it...
Old 02-02-2013, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

I rarely use it. I plan on getting rid of it. I use my iPhone if I need to search for anything. This would have been cool technology if it came out 10 yrs ago.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by hope3702
Curious to see if people spent the money on Audi Connect...I love the Google Maps but is that a reason to buy...I have a few days left on the $450 deal (15 a month)...Just curious...I know it is a preference but am curious to see and curious to see if people use it...
The best part of Audi Connect is the ability to use voice to search Google always up to date points of interest. That is the indispensable part of the technology.

There are options to get your monthly cost down to $5.

See this thread

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2840728
Old 02-02-2013, 08:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank for the replies...

I read about the 5$ option but I love the google maps part for nothing more then it being pretty cool...as well as street view...so the 5$ thing wouldn't work...I would never pay 30 but am thinking I may pay 15 a month...which is what this thing should cost (unless they incorporate apps: Pandora, Spotify)... Then I would pay 30 (maybe)
Old 02-02-2013, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

Thank for the replies...

I read about the 5$ option but I love the google maps part for nothing more then it being pretty cool...as well as street view...so the 5$ thing wouldn't work...I would never pay 30 but am thinking I may pay 15 a month...which is what this thing should cost (unless they incorporate apps: Pandora, Spotify)... Then I would pay 30 (maybe)
I am using the ptel option and have Google maps and street view. Not sure I follow you why you think it doesn't work, it does.

I don't have the maps on all the time, but when I need NAV, I have google earth maps and street view.

I sense a lot of misunderstanding on the other options. You certainly don't need to be paying $30.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

If I decide to keep the map in Google maps view the entire time I thought I would deplete a pay as you go card pretty quick...Am I wrong with saying that?

Thanks for your help...
Old 02-02-2013, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

If I decide to keep the map in Google maps view the entire time I thought I would deplete a pay as you go card pretty quick...Am I wrong with saying that?

Thanks for your help...
The Google Earth satellite images will stay cached on your hard drive if you drive around the same area all the time; it's not until you leave for a while and it has to load other, new images that those cached ones will end up being deleted. I remember seeing threads various places where people looked at how much data they were using for a month with leaving Google Earth on and it wasn't anything outrageous. Unfortunately I don't remember where those threads were to get the specific numbers.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm still in the 6 month trial period. At this point, based on how little we use it, it's not worth the $30/mo and I doubt if I'd renew unless any special offers become available. I'm hoping if the renewal rates are low, they might offer some incentives.

We'd use it a lot on trips so I may renew on a monthly basis if we have a long trip planned and would get some more use out of Audi Connect.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks for the replies...

I still have chance to pay 15 since I just bought car. I wouldn't pay 30 though.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think it's worth it for $15 a month. I would definitely not pay $30 a month for it. I figure I will see if the rates are better 4 years down the road and if not I will just cancel then.

Quick Reply: Audi Connect