Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi Connect Internet Radio Streaming

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Audi Connect Internet Radio Streaming

So I got streaming from the Audi Connect to the Car working through bluetooth streaming.

Nothing shows up on screen on the car - like the station, or being able to change it. I'm assuming it's supposed to. What I don't understand is why Audi has an app with 3000 radio stations when there are many better streaming radio station apps that work better? Is there some connected service on radio streaming with the Audi Connect app that makes it somehow different than streaming from any other internet radio app?
Old 11-11-2014, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Also anyone know how I get HD radio (apparently part of tech package I have) - it doesn't show up as a source or as a Band on the radio?
Old 11-11-2014, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,069 Likes on 743 Posts

Originally Posted by hitchens97
So I got streaming from the Audi Connect to the Car working through bluetooth streaming.

Nothing shows up on screen on the car - like the station, or being able to change it. I'm assuming it's supposed to. What I don't understand is why Audi has an app with 3000 radio stations when there are many better streaming radio station apps that work better? Is there some connected service on radio streaming with the Audi Connect app that makes it somehow different than streaming from any other internet radio app?
I believe the Audi app can stream over Wifi. Might be better sound quality than Bluetooth.

Originally Posted by hitchens97
Also anyone know how I get HD radio (apparently part of tech package I have) - it doesn't show up as a source or as a Band on the radio?
It won't show up as a separate source. HD Radio are additional digital AM+FM channels. It automatically switches to the HD version of the channel you are listening to if the reception is good enough. It will also switch back to analog if the HD reception is poor. If you live in an area with poor HD reception, you may wanna turn it off in the settings, otherwise it might constantly switch back and forward and you get inconsistent sound quality.

EDIT: I believe HD Radio is actually turned off by default, so make sure it's turned on in your settings. Once it's turned on you should see the HD stations.

Last edited by superswiss; 11-11-2014 at 06:30 PM.