Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi Customer Care Says There is No Water Pump Recall

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So here's my update on the water pump repair...

I flew up to San Jose, CA last Tuesday and picked up the Q5. The dealer and service advisor were great and sent someone to pick me up from the airport. The service advisor said that Audi is planning a recall on the water pump but is waiting to build up enough supply of the part before calling people in to have it replaced. I guess they're getting too many people coming in "organically" with the water pump failure and those people are using up the parts.

I made the long drive from San Jose back to San Diego and had no troubles with the Q5. I'm hoping it stays that way as this whole ordeal was a major inconvenience for us.

I'll be submitting all the paperwork and receipts to Audi for reimbursement this week. Total cost for rental car, last minute flight from SD to SJ, and gas is about $500. I can't imagine the cost difference between the plastic water pump versus the redesigned water pump comes anywhere near the cost to perform this repair, reimburse those like me who incurred a lot of time and expense and damage to the brand. But who knows maybe the number crunchers say it still comes out ahead for Audi.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by dev330
So here's my update on the water pump repair...

I flew up to San Jose, CA last Tuesday and picked up the Q5. The dealer and service advisor were great and sent someone to pick me up from the airport. The service advisor said that Audi is planning a recall on the water pump but is waiting to build up enough supply of the part before calling people in to have it replaced. I guess they're getting too many people coming in "organically" with the water pump failure and those people are using up the parts.

I made the long drive from San Jose back to San Diego and had no troubles with the Q5. I'm hoping it stays that way as this whole ordeal was a major inconvenience for us.

I'll be submitting all the paperwork and receipts to Audi for reimbursement this week. Total cost for rental car, last minute flight from SD to SJ, and gas is about $500. I can't imagine the cost difference between the plastic water pump versus the redesigned water pump comes anywhere near the cost to perform this repair, reimburse those like me who incurred a lot of time and expense and damage to the brand. But who knows maybe the number crunchers say it still comes out ahead for Audi.
Audi did the same thing on the DRC for the RS4