Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi Maintenance Plan Worth It?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's certainly personal information because there could be other dealers lurking on these forums. If I exposed which dealer I got my car from, they could get in trouble with AoA for selling the car at such a low price. You never know what goes on behind the scenes.

Originally Posted by RS4 RAIDER
LOL. Are you serious ? You started a thread about HOW MUCH OTHERS PAYED FOR THEIR Q5. This is is not general information, but rather specific information which you used to obtain a better price for yourself. How is asking for your dealers name, personal information ? This is not the same as a social security number or CC number. Dude, man up and admitt you were wrong to ask for help, in asking what others payed and then do not return the favor of which dealer you purchased from. This forum is about learning and and HELPING others, you failed to help a forum member when you had the chance.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RS4 RAIDER
LOL. Are you serious ? You started a thread about HOW MUCH OTHERS PAYED FOR THEIR Q5. This is is not general information, but rather specific information which you used to obtain a better price for yourself. How is asking for your dealers name, personal information ? This is not the same as a social security number or CC number. Dude, man up and admitt you were wrong to ask for help, in asking what others payed and then do not return the favor of which dealer you purchased from. This forum is about learning and and HELPING others, you failed to help a forum member when you had the chance.

What does the name of an Audi dealer have to do with a credit card number or social ??
If anyone on here asks or asked me where I got my Q5 and for how much, I would just answer them.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You will save money with Audi Care and should buy it if you're planning on keeping it the 4/50 warranty period.

Even if you don't drive the miles, they still do a service by time once a year. It's less than $200 a year to take care of your car w/ Audi care.

Audi Care covers brake fluid flushes, pollen filters, tranny services, etc. All you have to do is pay for wearable items and tire rotations.

You'll spend $800 keeping a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry running for 4 years / 50k miles when you take it back to the dealer.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you, this is good information.

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
You will save money with Audi Care and should buy it if you're planning on keeping it the 4/50 warranty period.

Even if you don't drive the miles, they still do a service by time once a year. It's less than $200 a year to take care of your car w/ Audi care.

Audi Care covers brake fluid flushes, pollen filters, tranny services, etc. All you have to do is pay for wearable items and tire rotations.

You'll spend $800 keeping a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry running for 4 years / 50k miles when you take it back to the dealer.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NMW1982
It's certainly personal information because there could be other dealers lurking on these forums. If I exposed which dealer I got my car from, they could get in trouble with AoA for selling the car at such a low price. You never know what goes on behind the scenes.
Once again LOL. This is some BS excuse. Your dealer will not get into trouble with AOA, they can sell for any price they want(what does MSRP stand for ? SUGGESTED). Your dealer still made money on you and once again are not in trouble. Your dealer is not lurking here( a little paranoid). You remind me of the type that takes a test and looks at the other guys test for the answers, and then you cover your test with both arms so the other guy can't see your answers.

I say until you man up, which you have not yet, NO OTHER FORUM MEMBERS SHOULD HELP YOU. WE should all reply to your questions with YOUR quote, "THAT I SHALL NOT REVEAL"
Old 10-16-2010, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

That's probably because you paid an ordinary/average price for your Q5. But if you got an extraordinary deal, you'd be less willing to expose the dealer you purchased from. If you blabbed this information on a public forum, everybody would go to that dealer and demand that same low price which would effectively lower that dealer's margins by quite a bit. It would also draw strong criticism and complaints from neighboring dealers for siphoning away business while lowering margins for everyone.

This backlash would cause the dealer to raise prices and effectively kill any possibility for good prices in the future for other skillful shoppers.

I've also revealed enough information already. If you're not lazy or stupid, you could have figured it out.

Originally Posted by TAMMYJILL
What does the name of an Audi dealer have to do with a credit card number or social ??
If anyone on here asks or asked me where I got my Q5 and for how much, I would just answer them.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

That's probably because you paid an ordinary/average price for your Q5. But if you got an extraordinary deal, you'd be less willing to expose the dealer you purchased from. If you blabbed this information on a public forum, everybody would go to that dealer and demand that same low price which would effectively lower that dealer's margins by quite a bit. It would also draw strong criticism and complaints from neighboring dealers for siphoning away business while lowering margins for everyone.

This backlash would cause the dealer to raise prices and effectively kill any possibility for good prices in the future for other skillful shoppers.

I've also revealed enough information already. If you're not lazy or stupid, you could have figured it out.
I know I am not stupid because I actually did better than your deal but the difference is that I joined this forum AFTER I picked up the vehicle to solicit help. I did not get help or advice on where to shop, etc..... from this board. I am done with this thread, so do not bother to write me back. I come on here to ask questions and see what issues others have with the same car that I have not to go back and forth with stupidity such as this. Oh, and you did not reveal enough information already. Someone asked you the name of the CT dealer and you said you could not reveal that.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

So how much was your Q5?

Originally Posted by TAMMYJILL
I know I am not stupid because I actually did better than your deal but the difference is that I joined this forum AFTER I picked up the vehicle to solicit help. I did not get help or advice on where to shop, etc..... from this board. I am done with this thread, so do not bother to write me back. I come on here to ask questions and see what issues others have with the same car that I have not to go back and forth with stupidity such as this. Oh, and you did not reveal enough information already. Someone asked you the name of the CT dealer and you said you could not reveal that.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So how much was your Q5?

You are not as innocent as you play here...

The question should go (I paid X, how much was yours?)

You never reveal anything from yourself and so far most of your posts have been "disturbing performance" type stuff where you state conclusion without knowing the details.

Personally me, I couldn't care any less how much you paid as I got the car at the time when you didn't know it exists and I have driven more miles than you will so I have actual hands on experience and not just fishing around here.

Threat people like you want them to treat you...

You screw around here and there will be lot of folks screwing you around!

ARE WE DONE HERE and can we go back to original topic or do we really need to keep pissing around?
Old 10-16-2010, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

That's up to you Klein Bus.

Originally Posted by kleinbus
You are not as innocent as you play here...

The question should go (I paid X, how much was yours?)

You never reveal anything from yourself and so far most of your posts have been "disturbing performance" type stuff where you state conclusion without knowing the details.

Personally me, I couldn't care any less how much you paid as I got the car at the time when you didn't know it exists and I have driven more miles than you will so I have actual hands on experience and not just fishing around here.

Threat people like you want them to treat you...

You screw around here and there will be lot of folks screwing you around!

ARE WE DONE HERE and can we go back to original topic or do we really need to keep pissing around?

Quick Reply: Audi Maintenance Plan Worth It?