Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi production delay

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by loscoz
I ordered my Q5 mid-March 2010 and it arrived in June 1 2010 ... it WAS worth the wait!!
From all the positive reviews, I feel confident that it definitely will be! I called Audi America this morning (after reading a thread) so that I could find out my build date and to get a closer time for delivery. The woman I talked to was very friendly and really wanted to help me with the information. She said that she'll get back to me by Monday. I don't want to be a fanatic about this, but I am more excited about this than anything I've purchased!
Old 03-23-2011, 09:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ok4tx
From all the positive reviews, I feel confident that it definitely will be! I called Audi America this morning (after reading a thread) so that I could find out my build date and to get a closer time for delivery. The woman I talked to was very friendly and really wanted to help me with the information. She said that she'll get back to me by Monday. I don't want to be a fanatic about this, but I am more excited about this than anything I've purchased!

I think you will be able to get the best response from your Audi dealer than Audi USA. My salesman was able to look it up in their system and give me the build date and ship date. I have heard from other Audi USA was not able to help in this area.

Good luck!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Barksdale
I think you will be able to get the best response from your Audi dealer than Audi USA. My salesman was able to look it up in their system and give me the build date and ship date. I have heard from other Audi USA was not able to help in this area.

Good luck!!!
My salesman is a nice, older man that I get the feeling has some trouble figuring out the computer. I have asked him three times for a delivery date and the last time I talked to him he told me that he THOUGHT it would be in May. He mentioned that there might be delays because of what was happening in Japan, so when I heard the report on the news about the GM plant, it made me worry that mine could be delayed. I really want to have a good working relationship with my dealership, because we'll be working together for my customer satisfaction for at least four or five years. After I read that someone else had found out their info from audi america, it seemed like a good way to resolve my questions without becoming annoying to my salesman.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Q5's have nothing to do with Japan right now. Q5's / Q7's have been backed up far before that.

It's a combination of high demand, old supplier issues and the plants already being over 100% capacity.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
Q5's have nothing to do with Japan right now. Q5's / Q7's have been backed up far before that.

It's a combination of high demand, old supplier issues and the plants already being over 100% capacity.
Japan produces some electrical components that Audi uses, like to operate the roof opening and closing. I know there was a delay before this but this MIGHT add to the delay in the future.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ok4tx
My salesman is a nice, older man that I get the feeling has some trouble figuring out the computer. I have asked him three times for a delivery date and the last time I talked to him he told me that he THOUGHT it would be in May. He mentioned that there might be delays because of what was happening in Japan, so when I heard the report on the news about the GM plant, it made me worry that mine could be delayed. I really want to have a good working relationship with my dealership, because we'll be working together for my customer satisfaction for at least four or five years. After I read that someone else had found out their info from audi america, it seemed like a good way to resolve my questions without becoming annoying to my salesman.
It took a few tries for my salesman to get reliable dates from the Audi Order Bank in Germany. He said the information in there was not always up to date.

Good luck!
Old 03-23-2011, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Barksdale
It took a few tries for my salesman to get reliable dates from the Audi Order Bank in Germany. He said the information in there was not always up to date.

Good luck!
Well, the rep from Audi USA called me back and my delivey date is May 23. She said that she actually called my salesman and he gave her the info. Guess I should have called her a long time ago. She did say that the problems in Japan could POSSIBLY cause a change in delivery date. Oh well, at least I have a definite date to look forward to.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just heard from my dealer today that my expected date is 4/18, from a 1/17 order date. Exactly 90 days, which they quoted. Hmmmm.......
Old 03-23-2011, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bruflu
Just heard from my dealer today that my expected date is 4/18, from a 1/17 order date. Exactly 90 days, which they quoted. Hmmmm.......
I wasn't given an actual time frame at my Feb 7 order date, but another dealership had told me that it would be about 8 weeks, so I just assumed that would be it . I think I even said something like "so it should be about 8 weeks?" ...reply was that it could possibly be that much. Even though it's disappointing that I have to wait until the end of May, at least I'm not going to be watching and waiting for "the call" for weeks. I really appreciate knowing. STILL SO EXCITED TO GET MY BEAUTIFUL NEW Q5!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2011, 03:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Assembly location?

Are US deleveries assembled in Germany, then ships over or is there an assembly line in Somwhere, USA?

Quick Reply: Audi production delay