Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi production delay

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 04:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by schanyc
Are US deleveries assembled in Germany, then ships over or is there an assembly line in Somwhere, USA?
All assembled in Germany.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bruflu
Just heard from my dealer today that my expected date is 4/18, from a 1/17 order date. Exactly 90 days, which they quoted. Hmmmm.......
The dealer tells you the 8 weeks/ 90 days/ 3 months along with saying "Maybe" or "Approximately" as they TRY to find what you have ordered (build) already in port, already in factory production, or even already on its way over on the boat - that is unassigned to someone else.
It all depends on how specific you ordered your Q5.

It was sooooooo nice to pick mine up in June when I could open up the full panoramic roof, turn up the B&O, and cruise home the long way with no snow storm or ice to worry about if it had been available on the lot when I went looking.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

i ordered my Q7 in late Feb and the dealer told me it would be a mid-may delivery (they make the Q5/7 in the same plant right?). knowing that some of the parts are made in japan the wife called last night for an update....after a brief pause as the salesman "checked the system" he THINKS i might be now looking at an early June delivery

i was afraid this whole thing might not go smoothly. as was stated picking up my new ride in June with nice weather wont be all bad....im just hoping that there wont be more unseen delays which result in folks getting 2012 Qs while im still waiting...lol

he says that since i ordered already there is a chance i will be one of the first to get a vehicle when they become available so he will have a better idea about delays in a few weeks...so yea great, i have to wait to see how long i have to wait

we should all fly to germany and storm the castle...er...factory and take our Qs!
Old 03-24-2011, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's the deal with orders.

The allocation comes down by the 3rd week of the month from Germany. So there is a bit of luck with timing.

As an example, If you order your Q5 on Feb 25th, you probably missed the Febuary allocation. Now you get bumped and your car is started with March allocation, and then the usual 3 month clock starts ticking.

Anybody who tells you 8 weeks on a scratch order is mis-informed. Only way that can happen is if you catch a "Factory Order bank" car before it hits "production stock"

Or if you take a car that was already on order for the dealership, and that saves you a little bit of time.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by loscoz
The dealer tells you the 8 weeks/ 90 days/ 3 months along with saying "Maybe" or "Approximately" as they TRY to find what you have ordered (build) already in port, already in factory production, or even already on its way over on the boat - that is unassigned to someone else.
It all depends on how specific you ordered your Q5.

It was sooooooo nice to pick mine up in June when I could open up the full panoramic roof, turn up the B&O, and cruise home the long way with no snow storm or ice to worry about if it had been available on the lot when I went looking.
May will be a nice time to drive mine off the lot!!! Here's hoping that's when it will happen and that there will be no delays!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
Here's the deal with orders.

The allocation comes down by the 3rd week of the month from Germany. So there is a bit of luck with timing.

As an example, If you order your Q5 on Feb 25th, you probably missed the Febuary allocation. Now you get bumped and your car is started with March allocation, and then the usual 3 month clock starts ticking.

Anybody who tells you 8 weeks on a scratch order is mis-informed. Only way that can happen is if you catch a "Factory Order bank" car before it hits "production stock"

Or if you take a car that was already on order for the dealership, and that saves you a little bit of time.
I read on another thread that if you order early in the month that a dealership doesn't turn in orders until the end of that month and then your countdown starts later than your purchase date.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Goodlivn
i ordered my Q7 in late Feb and the dealer told me it would be a mid-may delivery (they make the Q5/7 in the same plant right?). knowing that some of the parts are made in japan the wife called last night for an update....after a brief pause as the salesman "checked the system" he THINKS i might be now looking at an early June delivery

i was afraid this whole thing might not go smoothly. as was stated picking up my new ride in June with nice weather wont be all bad....im just hoping that there wont be more unseen delays which result in folks getting 2012 Qs while im still waiting...lol

he says that since i ordered already there is a chance i will be one of the first to get a vehicle when they become available so he will have a better idea about delays in a few weeks...so yea great, i have to wait to see how long i have to wait

we should all fly to germany and storm the castle...er...factory and take our Qs!
I've been wondering if we'll be getting our 2011 as the 2012 is coming in too. The storming the castle thing sounds interesting!!! It's hard to wait, isn't it?