Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi Pure Protection Quote

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 03:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ironlungs
2. The fully refundable aspect (if you don't use the warranty) was probably the most appealing part. I am wondering if anyone knows someone who never did activate it and got the money back. It seems like a 'too good to be true' situation; maybe it made less sense at a time when you could put 2-3K in investments or the bank and generate a nice return but when you're talking about any type of insurance (disability, life, homeowners, etc.) those types of refund guarantees of course are never on the table and we don't think twice about it.

Always skeptical about extended warranties on any product I purchase. Just nervous as this is my first German car experience.
I had the warranty on my old Audi before I sold it. I was going overseas for two years and my warranty would have expired by the time I got back. I called them up and after asking a few basic questions they refunded my money minus the admin fee. Pretty painless, I think the phone call only lasted maybe ten minutes max. Hope that helps.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Search extended warranties for cars on financial advice websites. They are the worst type of insurance you can buy, period. I know many people who have purchased them and no one has been able to successfully file a claim due to some loophole in the 100+ page terms of service agreement they signed. A warranty backed by Audi may be different such as the CPO certification, and that may be worth the price if you are purchasing an unreliable vehicle. If it's the 3.2, you may want to consider the CPO.