Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi Web page updated?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Web page updated?

Looks like Audi USA updated their web page last night. Still having some issues on my web browser, so can't really tell if it is for the 2014 models or not. Anyone able to see it to tell if it indeed is now 2014 models?
Old 05-30-2013, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

It's still showing 2013 models, but the new layout is a huge improvement over the old site.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tomb01
Looks like Audi USA updated their web page last night. Still having some issues on my web browser, so can't really tell if it is for the 2014 models or not. Anyone able to see it to tell if it indeed is now 2014 models?
It's not your browser. The site is not ready for prime time. Screens are not refreshed properly, searches do not work correctly, etc. Not a good example of Audi engineering. (Doesn't matter which browser you use).

The layout varies with different browsers. It behaves differently with Safari, Firefox, IE and Chrome. Also, the layouts seem to differ with each browser. Firefox and Safari appear to be the most problematic and IE and Chrome seem to be mostly OK.

Last edited by allenrbeck; 05-30-2013 at 06:20 AM.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Models page is totally empty, but you can get to the individual models by crafting the URL. The Q5 is http://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-q5, for example (I got redirected there by trying to go to http://www.audiusa.com/q5). Configurator's definitely interesting, they have a nice set of large images to show you better what your configuration looks like -- though Chestnut Brown doesn't properly have black headliner. S-Line is also not available (they might not have the black headliner images up yet).

Definitely needed more testing for the site before pushing live.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

When I checked I also had some issues with opening some pages, maybe a few bugs with the new site? Also, it doesn't look like the new models are there, for example, only 2 diesels are shown, A8 and Q7, for example. The Q5 hybrid is not shown under the Q5 model, etc. But I'm curious, when looking at "all models," the A3 line is missing. This looks to be an early release and a work in progress, far from complete.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Interesting, the website doesn't even work for me anymore. Typing in www.audi.com gives me this error: This webpage has a redirect loop.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mjm3457
When I checked I also had some issues with opening some pages, maybe a few bugs with the new site?
Lots of bugs.

Also, it doesn't look like the new models are there, for example, only 2 diesels are shown, A8 and Q7, for example.
The A8L TDI has been released, the Q5 TDI hasn't. So currently there's only the A8L and Q7 available in diesel (until the Q5 is officially released -- the A8L was an early release).

The Q5 hybrid is not shown under the Q5 model, etc.
Yep, a number of things still missing (such as S-Line on the Q5). Shouldn't've pushed the "Go Live" button yet.

But I'm curious, when looking at "all models," the A3 line is missing. This looks to be an early release and a work in progress, far from complete.
There is no A3 for 2014 and 2013 was a "leftovers" year (or was there officially a 2013 A3?), so if you go to the A3 page you get the info on the 2015 next-gen model.

But yeah, it definitely wasn't done and I don't know why they went live with the redesigned site....
Old 05-30-2013, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Parsec
Interesting, the website doesn't even work for me anymore. Typing in www.audi.com gives me this error: This webpage has a redirect loop.
Does going directly to audiusa.com work?
Old 05-30-2013, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm anxious to see the updated site when it's fully operational. While new car shopping a few months ago, I thought the Audi site was not as visually interesting as some of the other competing brands.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking at it on my Android phone (Jellybean), requesting the desktop site doesn't do anything (keeps you on mobile site), and it won't let you scroll any of the screens down.

Quick Reply: Audi Web page updated?