Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Audi, you may have lost me!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP,

I think everyone has summed it up pretty well.

If you were only mad about the additional wait, then I would say that the Q5 is well-worth the added wait. Sometimes life happens, and you just have to roll with it, even if that means waiting an extra 30 days for a car you'll love for the next 5-10 years.

However, it sounds like there is more at stake here than just the wait. From what you have said, you like the interior, tech, engine, etc., etc., etc. on the X3 much more so than the Q5. Thus, you favor the X3 much more than the Q5.

I think most of us on this forum love our Q5's, but none of us are "fanbois" to the extent we will try to talk you into buying something you don't want.

If you like the X3 better, then cancel your Q5 order, get your deposit back, and grab yourself an X3. It's a great car - enjoy it!
Old 12-12-2011, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And doing that probably won't hurt the dealers feelings any way as they sell every Q5 that comes in in days, not weeks .... good luck !
Old 12-12-2011, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by obtix
Where did I say 8 weeks?
I didnt say you said 8 weeks anywhere, I said "8 weeks ago" as in This post.
And the date I quoted came from This post

Your dates not mine but you have just posted new info and different dates. I am not trying to argue with you, I am quite willing to exchange my "you cant even count" opinion for a "you are obviously misleading us" if you prefer. I just posted based on the info you had given us up to yesterday as I felt you painted an unfair picture and your count didnt add up QED.

A few people have had dates pushed back over the almost 6 years I have been contributing here on AW. Almost invariably dealer fault though there have been occassions along the way where Audi have had supply problems but they always gave the info ASAP.
The vast majority have had delivery as promised or slightly early. As someone who records/recorded thousands of arrival dates I have been watching and keeping ETAs as well.

Hey ultimately I am sorry for you if you are having problems with Audi and can perfectly understand any frustration. I waited 6 months for mine!

Best
JFF
Old 12-13-2011, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jusforfun
I didnt say you said 8 weeks anywhere, I said "8 weeks ago" as in This post.
And the date I quoted came from This post
No, no, no...you misunderstood what he meant. When he said,

"I just `ordered` my 2012 Q5 Premium Plus with MMI and B&O, Black with Cinnamon interior..."

"just `ordered`" acually meant the he ordered it a month prior to the date of the post(October 15, 2011). Hell, I knew that from the beginning.

and doesn't CTO stand for "Cancel The Order"...the Audi dealership should have seen this coming. This is all their fault for sure.

Last edited by HaveBullDogWillTravel; 12-13-2011 at 03:49 AM.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

I had a Q5 on order canceled it, had a BMW X3 on order, canceled that...and just purchased my 2012 Q5. I kept going back and forth also. If the things you have stated were important to me or if I thought the interior was nicer, I would have gone with the BMW. For me in the end, the Q5 just feels right. What sold it for me was my last test drive where I drove it in the pouring rain. The car didn't budge and hugged the road like it was a summer day. After owning it less than two weeks I've come to adore every detail and option more and more. Also, my husband made me car sick in the X3 every time and I felt the Q5 to be much more smooth and comfortable. Good luck with your choice!
Old 12-13-2011, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MrsAdams2007
Also, my husband made me car sick in the X3 every time and I felt the Q5 to be much more smooth and comfortable. Good luck with your choice!
That just about sum it up pretty well.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

to MrsAdams's point:

we too had an experience in traffic and a driving rain...

The Q felt so planted I didn't realize how well we were moving until our phone rang and the normal "race car type driver" following us home for dinner asked us to slow down as he couldn't keep up
Old 12-14-2011, 03:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

now that gets a LOL
Old 12-14-2011, 04:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Wow - I haven't been keeping up with what seems like an interesting discussion I started. Anyways, here is what I did... I did cancel the Q5 order (did not lose anything). My wife is due for a new car at the end of 2012, early 2013. I told the Audi guy that I loved Audi (and I love the Q5) but I just can't see myself with a car that feels dated (to me). In all seriousness I will likely look at the Q3 or new Q5 when they come out for my wife.

Also, as an FYI, I test drove the A6 with the new MMI and I loved it but with the features I wanted it didn't fit into my price and I was sacrificing. So I assume it will make its way down the line over the next few years.

Ordered my X3 28i yesterday. Black Sapphire, Chestnut leather, brushed aluminum trim, convenience, cold weather, M sport, premium, premium sound, and tech.

Thanks guys!
Old 12-14-2011, 05:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by obtix
Wow - I haven't been keeping up with what seems like an interesting discussion I started. Anyways, here is what I did... I did cancel the Q5 order (did not lose anything). My wife is due for a new car at the end of 2012, early 2013. I told the Audi guy that I loved Audi (and I love the Q5) but I just can't see myself with a car that feels dated (to me). In all seriousness I will likely look at the Q3 or new Q5 when they come out for my wife.

Also, as an FYI, I test drove the A6 with the new MMI and I loved it but with the features I wanted it didn't fit into my price and I was sacrificing. So I assume it will make its way down the line over the next few years.

Ordered my X3 28i yesterday. Black Sapphire, Chestnut leather, brushed aluminum trim, convenience, cold weather, M sport, premium, premium sound, and tech.

Thanks guys!
Sounds good... What is the out the door cost? I'm still cautious of test driving anything again. Not sure my marriage could withstand the blow

Quick Reply: Audi, you may have lost me!