Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Automobile Magazine: Q5 vs. SRX

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 05:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by x330i
Like our Q5, but the SRX would have been just fine for my wife if it was available, and it's a great looking vehicle!
BUY AMERICAN!!!
I would never buy American again...Jeep was a HUGE mistake.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a Jeep Wrangler that had decent reliability (not good enough that I would highly recommend) but what really sucked was their dealer network. I went to a few dealers and the service sucked at all of them. I had some issues while the vehicle was under warranty and these guys were trying to charge me for the "diagnostic" test to figure out what was wrong with it. I ended up putting around 160,000+ on that Jeep so it wasn't all bad- and the chicks dug the Wrangler

Chrysler as a whole makes junk that wears out or falls apart fast. They either need to improve their quality and their cars or go out of business- which they seem to slowly be doing. I do like the turnaround that is going on at Ford and their quality seems to also be making significant improvements.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by yob2kanobe
wow,, that means alot from you,,330i
Note I'm "x"330i (did buy another BMW however...)
Just saying that SUV's are one vehicle Detroit can do well - even if it's assembled in low-bid Mexico! If the new SRX was available, I would have bought it for my wife and she would have been just as thrilled with it. Nothing against Audi, but in these tough economic times alittle patriotism can't hurt!
Old 03-19-2010, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by x330i
Nothing against Audi, but in these tough economic times alittle patriotism can't hurt!
The SRX is built in Mexico with a bunch of foreign parts and buying that is somehow patriotism ?
Old 03-19-2010, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by The G Man
The SRX is built in Mexico with a bunch of foreign parts and buying that is somehow patriotism ?
Yeah, I think he needs to do a little research first. However, maybe it's because he (we) own GM now. LOL. It's our money that bailed them out, but Mexico is reeping the benefits. I would buy a BMW X5 before I would buy a Cadillac SRX. At least thats built in the u.s.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah GM means Government Motors now.And when buy a SRX from them you get free Goverment Health Care.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Apparently, under certain circumstances when gasoline with lower than the required 91 octane rating is pumped into the 2010 Cadillac SRX with the available 2.8-liter, 300 horsepower turbocharged V6, a "mega knock event" can be induced, leading to a complete grenading of the engine. Not good.

The worrisome issue was discovered by Automobiles De Luxe, which happened to be road testing one of Cadillac's latest 'utes. The driver inadvertently pumped in 88 octane fuel, which led to the aforementioned mega knock event and subsequent destruction of the engine. General Motors says it wouldn't have happened if the correct grade of gasoline had been used.

So, open-and-shut case, right? Better use the premium. Not so fast. GM expedited the vehicle to its test center in Warren, Michigan, tore down the engine and came up with a "new calibration" for the engine's computer that will eradicate the possibility of such an event. Six 2010 Cadillac SRX turbos are being field tested in Death Valley to ensure the problem is solved.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

New calibration meaning what? it means retarding the timing which also means less power. Another poor deaign by GM. All turbo engine should use 91 octane but sometimes it is just not available, it should be able use 87 octane in those cases.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FitzLA
Yeah, I think he needs to do a little research first. However, maybe it's because he (we) own GM now. LOL. It's our money that bailed them out, but Mexico is reeping the benefits. I would buy a BMW X5 before I would buy a Cadillac SRX. At least thats built in the u.s.
That's what is so annoying about people saying buy American when it comes to cars. There's plenty of Hondas, Toyotas, Mercedes, BMW etc that are built here providing jobs for Americans. If you want to be a patriot, stop shopping at Wally World. They did an super fantastic job of killing a lot of manufacturing state side. Anyone remember their Made in the USA commercials?
Old 03-26-2010, 08:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by hmn4858
That's what is so annoying about people saying buy American when it comes to cars. There's plenty of Hondas, Toyotas, Mercedes, BMW etc that are built here providing jobs for Americans. If you want to be a patriot, stop shopping at Wally World. They did an super fantastic job of killing a lot of manufacturing state side. Anyone remember their Made in the USA commercials?

Couldn't agree with you more. Never been to a wal mart, never plan on it.

Quick Reply: Automobile Magazine: Q5 vs. SRX