Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

AW Server issues?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AW Server issues?

Anyone else have issues with this site?

For me, lots of times the pages fail to load and if they do you have to wait forever or click on it a few times until it does.

Another issue I have noticed (twice now) is that posts will be missing (sometimes multiple ones) in the threads on the board when viewed on my PC, but are present on the mobile site when viewing on my phone. The thread page will have the proper number of posts and the last poster, but when you open the thread the posts are missing.

(E.g.- on the "2013 Q5 Revealed" thread, I cannot see The G Man's post from 4:14 pm (EST), but can see it on my phone's mobile site. It says he posted on the main thread page, but his post is missing in the actual thread.)

I'm on a 1-year-old Sony PC running Windows 7, using Google Chrome (up-to-date newest version). Have no other problems on any other site that I know of.

Anyone else have these issues or others?

I hate that the site is so slow and unreliable, because it's the most active, best site for Audi Q5's and I enjoy contributing here and reading the board.

Last edited by ThunderDent; 04-22-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

Same here. Pages sometimes don't load and/or take forever. Old Macbook using Firefox.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had this same issue since day 1 of visiting this site. I don't think its related to the type of computer you are using as I've experienced it on a Mac and a PC.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Wow - I have experienced slowness in the past for a short period but not in the last few months.

Post this on the feed back forum and Kris can push it up the chain please.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

I don't have problems at home only when I'm at work and I thought it was my US VPN I use since Gov. Computers block everything.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Most of the time I need to click on a link twice to open a discussion. Not double click, but click on it once, nothing happens and go back and hit it a second time and the page opens. Happens on both my home and work computers. Weird.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by OHChris
Most of the time I need to click on a link twice to open a discussion. Not double click, but click on it once, nothing happens and go back and hit it a second time and the page opens. Happens on both my home and work computers. Weird.
^^^^^
That is exactly what happens to me. It also happens on my work computer and it is a brand new computer.

Although that is annoying, it is plain strange that posts are not showing up. Can anyone else see the missing post I alluded to above? Post is on page 2 of the Q5 revealed thread. Between Post "Yesterday, 10:51 AM/#9/opus360" and "Yesterday, 07:11 PM/#10/gheffty93" there is a missing post from The G Man at 4:14 pm which shows up on the mobile site, but not the full site. It is missing on both my home and work computers.

Someone who knows who to send this link to in the higher ups please do.

Last edited by ThunderDent; 04-23-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:57 AM
tgt
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Same thing here. Has been happening consistently for the past 2 months or so with Google Chrome.

-tgt
Old 04-23-2012, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ThunderDent
Can anyone else see the missing post I alluded to above? Post is on page 2 of the Q5 revealed thread. Between Post "Yesterday, 10:51 AM/#9/opus360" and "Yesterday, 07:11 PM/#10/gheffty93" there is a missing post from The G Man at 4:14 pm which shows up on the mobile site, but not the full site. It is missing on both my home and work computers.
I see G Man's post ok. I've tried it on both my phone's browsers (Dolphin HD and Chrome on an HTC Sensation running a rooted Ice Cream Sandwich ROM) set to deliver the full non-mobile page. I'd get the same page data as if on a desktop machine, and differences would be down to how the browser renders the page.

I view this forum mostly from my phone or my iPad, and haven't noticed this missing post issue. I have encountered having to tap twice on a post link to open it, though this doesn't happen that often.

Last edited by gat821; 04-23-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I can only see his post on my mobile site.

And as an aside, I can't get the forum to load full-version on my mobile phone. I have tried, but it always kicks me to mobile and the page doesn't have an option of "view full site".

Oh well. It's still strange to me I can't his post on 2 separate computers.

Quick Reply: AW Server issues?