Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Bang & Olfusen System

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bang & Olfusen System

Despite the lack of advanced sound controls, this has to be the finest oem car audio systems I've heard. It uses everyone of the 14-speakers dynamic ranges impeccably, and has handled everything I've thrown at it (rap, metal, jazz, blues). Not to mention the DVD surround experience.

Anyone on the fence with the Prestige that appreciates the audio as much as the engine, should bring Steely Dan's 'Alive in America' into their dealer's Prestige demo.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by itsfknmikv
Despite the lack of advanced sound controls, this has to be the finest oem car audio systems I've heard. It uses everyone of the 14-speakers dynamic ranges impeccably, and has handled everything I've thrown at it (rap, metal, jazz, blues). Not to mention the DVD surround experience.

Anyone on the fence with the Prestige that appreciates the audio as much as the engine, should bring Steely Dan's 'Alive in America' into their dealer's Prestige demo.
Here here! I couldn't agree more. The ability to play DVD-Audio discs is so great...brought one to a Prestige test drive and wow, what a killer solution they've put in the Q5. Although I only own about 20 DVD-Audio discs, they happen to be my most favorite music, and can't wait to have a sound system in a car that can actually play them and play them well! Steely Dan, great stuff indeed, but don't forget Lyle Lovett, or the Who, or Sting, or Peter Gabriel, or R.E.M., or Bjork, or any of the many DVD-Audio discs that the Q5 makes possible. Gotta love it!
Old 05-11-2009, 03:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

whats everyones option on b&o vs bose?
Old 05-11-2009, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jimmyly86
whats everyones option on b&o vs bose?
I've owned 2 Audi's with Bose, including my current A6. There is just no question - the B&O system blows away the Bose systems. I hate to say it, as I wait another 2 months for my beloved Q5 to come in, but the B&O is WAY better. I've listened to the B&O in the Q5 and friend's A5 enough to hear the big differences. Bose has jumped the shark completely, and is a rinky dink toy compared to the quality of the B&O system. Now, if you ask me, I'd much rather have the premium Mark Levinson system that Lexus offers in some of their cars, but of course, it's not ALL about the stereo...just mostly :-)

It will be very nice to get my Q5 and play some good CD's and DVD-Audio discs and listen to actual multichannel recordings the way they were meant to be heard.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

B&O blows Bose away in general, so why would it not in cars too? B&O is just by far a superior system to Bose in every way.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by FitzLA
B&O blows Bose away in general, so why would it not in cars too? B&O is just by far a superior system to Bose in every way.
I agree, the B&O sounds great in my Q5