Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Basic Audi sound system

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Parsec
I guess there's the proof for spijun. I was also told by my dealer that my US-spec Q5 uses Bose speakers.
Yup, the dealer told me the same, just unbranded the BOSE logo.

Last edited by AudiQ5sleeper; 12-10-2012 at 06:00 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiQ5sleeper
Yup, the dealer told me the same, just unbranded the BOSE logo.
How does your subwoofer sound now that you've had it for a while? I'm thinking of doing what you did w/the line converter, except hook it up to a compact 10" powered sub to save some space. I need space more than I need thump, but a little extra thump over stock would be nice
Old 12-10-2012, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

How does your subwoofer sound now that you've had it for a while? I'm thinking of doing what you did w/the line converter, except hook it up to a compact 10" powered sub to save some space. I need space more than I need thump, but a little extra thump over stock would be nice
the Rockford P2 subwoofers sounds solid. Hits pretty hard. I actually had to turn the bass down alil haha. I am very surprised that the Audi interior design keeps all the sound inside the car. But be sure to add a capacitor. The installation is extremely easy. Let me know how you end of doing your setup.

what part of New England are you in? if your locally near Boston. i'll let you listen to the subwoofers to give you an idea how it really sounds lol.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AudiQ5sleeper
the Rockford P2 subwoofers sounds solid. Hits pretty hard. I actually had to turn the bass down alil haha. I am very surprised that the Audi interior design keeps all the sound inside the car. But be sure to add a capacitor. The installation is extremely easy. Let me know how you end of doing your setup.

what part of New England are you in? if your locally near Boston. i'll let you listen to the subwoofers to give you an idea how it really sounds lol.
Good to know another local on these boards, I am in Metrowest. I probably won't do this until the weather warms up again in 6 months, but I'll keep it in mind.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Good to know another local on these boards, I am in Metrowest. I probably won't do this until the weather warms up again in 6 months, but I'll keep it in mind.
nice, let me know if you need any info.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 358 Likes on 210 Posts

I guess there's the proof for spijun. I was also told by my dealer that my US-spec Q5 uses Bose speakers.
If you are a dealer and you know better than the people who work in the Audi Ingolstadt and company Bose -- Congratulations

Please remove one speaker and take a picture of as proof

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/...audi/index.jsp

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2835873
Audi Sound System is in my Q5 2011 and it is - garbage!
I already removed ALL these cheap speakers (Made in China by www.Sonavox.com) with very small magnets, cheap cone body and cheap sponge surround.
If you find the factory Bose speakers built-in Q5 please let me know

If installed Bose speakers why the extra charges Eur 1150 for a Bose system ??

Name:  ScreenShot196-1.jpg
Views: 4232
Size:  45.5 KB

PS: FYI: my godfather works as an engineer at Audi Ingolstadt 15 years

Last edited by spijun; 12-10-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by spijun
If you are a dealer and you know better than the people who work in the Audi Ingolstadt and company Bose -- Congratulations

Please remove one speaker and take a picture of as proof

PS: FYI: my godfather works as an engineer at Audi Ingolstadt 15 years
It says right on AudiUSA.com "Audi offers individually-tailored BOSE® Premium sound systems across all of our model lines. Some models are further enhanced by proprietary BOSE® technologies such as enveloping SurroundStage® signal processing, weight-saving but powerful Nd®-woofers and AudioPilot® noise compensation."

That means on some models, Bose is the upgraded option. On the Q5, we know the upgraded option is B&O which means Bose is stock by default. I honestly don't care what brand my speaker is because I think both options suck anyways.

Are you saying that Audi is lying to all of its US customers by claiming it uses Bose when in fact it doesn't? I'm not trying to argue here, but I don't know why you're getting all defensive about this. If you really care so much, you can take it up with Audi for false marketing.

By the way, that picture you posted says A6 or A8. It just means on that model, Audi offers both Bose and B&O as an upgrade. On the Q5, Audi might just use a very cheap/basic unbranded Bose system as stock and offer the B&O as an upgrade.

Last edited by Parsec; 12-10-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Be sure it‘s Bose Automotive

From the Bose site http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/...audi/index.jsp

Why The Bose® Logo Is Important

In some models, our sound systems are an option—which means you won't find one in every car. And since our systems are built right into the car on the assembly line, you can't upgrade to one later.

So when you're looking for your next car, be sure to look for the Bose logo. It signifies that you'll benefit from our more than 45 years of audio research—including nearly 30 years of specific automotive knowledge that comes with having invented the custom-engineered, factory-installed sound system category.

In short, if you don't see the Bose logo in the car, you won't be getting our expertise as the most respected name in sound. And the music in your car won't be all it could be.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 358 Likes on 210 Posts

On the Q5, Audi might just use a very cheap/basic unbranded Bose system as stock and offer the B&O as an upgrade.
NO COMMENT

Read this maybe is the Bose: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2835873

Good luck

Last edited by spijun; 12-10-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by spijun
NO COMMENT

Good luck
Like I said before, I don't understand why you are getting so offended. Just because your Godfather works for Audi doesn't mean it's your company or anything. I don't see why we can't have a civilized adult discussion here.

Anyway, most higher-end companies have entry-level products and high-end products. I think it's fair to say that Bose makes some pretty crappy products, especially if they are OEM products for another manufacturer. I had a BRANDED Bose system in my fully-loaded Maxima and it sounded like crap. I took out all 4 door speakers and found the cones were made of paper! I replaced them with 4 cheap Infinity Kappas (about $70/pair) and it sounded 10x better. Again, I don't even know/care if our Q5 really uses an unbranded Bose system, but no one has given a reason why Audi would lie to us on their website and say that Bose systems are available on ALL of their models.

Quick Reply: Basic Audi sound system