Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Best color to go with the titanium S-line plus wheels (excluding white)?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best color to go with the titanium S-line plus wheels (excluding white)?

Ok, so now that the 2014s only have the S-line Plus titanium wheels as an option (no more standard S-line package) I am trying to figure out what color car to get.

I previously had an S-line (nonplus) 2012 Daytona grey and loved it. However, I feel like the titanium wheels look like normal wheels with a lot of brake dust. Is there a better color combo?

I am considering lava grey, phantom black, monsoon grey and daytona again.

Thanks for any input.
Old 08-19-2013, 04:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I ordered Scuba Blue with S-line+ (in early Aug). But that was before I realized the S-line+ wheels were titanium. I'm having second thoughts about the color combo.

Does anyone have any pictures of this color combination, on a Q5 or any other vehicle?
Old 08-19-2013, 04:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I ordered my S Line + in Daytona. I won't see mine until end of November or early October.

I have monsoon grey on my 3.2 and love it so I went with Daytona this time to a get a little change. I haven't seen any 14's yet with the S-Line on the road or at dealers near me. Going to drive by a few this week though, I'll take pictures if they have any.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If anybody is in the tri-state area, there are a few S-lines in the darker colors (at least according to dealer websites inventory) If a few pics can be taken. My order is a S-line in Monsoon and I am a little worried about the color combo as well. The closest I found locally were two Q7's, one in a dark blue and the other in Daytona. In my opinion, the S-line looked better against the blue compared to the Daytona.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rlebwohl
I ordered my S Line + in Daytona. I won't see mine until end of November or early October.
I ordered this same combo for our TDI. ETA of mid-October. Should look really cute parked next to my bros Daytona gray S5
Old 08-19-2013, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Honestly, my dealer has not had a 2014 in yet with the S-line Plus. Does anyone know what the "high gloss back package" entails. Is the grill dark like the 2012 S-line plus package?
Old 08-19-2013, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wrcardon
Honestly, my dealer has not had a 2014 in yet with the S-line Plus. Does anyone know what the "high gloss back package" entails. Is the grill dark like the 2012 S-line plus package?
On the TDI version (for sure), it seems to be the same grill. There are some pictures on the TDI order tracking thread. I have not seen any pictures of the 2014 3.0T with S-line.

Black roof bars, black window trim, black grill, titanium peelers.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by wrcardon
Yes, the grill is gloss black, the window trim is black rubber, and the roof rails are matte black.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rlk1
Yes, the grill is gloss black, the window trim is black rubber, and the roof rails are matte black.
Exactly what he said....here is mine, MY12 to give you an idea.
Attached Images  
Old 08-19-2013, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yes, that's the look. I am picking up my Glacier White S-line this week and will post pictures after a detailing this weekend.

Quick Reply: Best color to go with the titanium S-line plus wheels (excluding white)?