Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Bluetooth issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not that i have a BB but my android phone (both mine and wife's, same phone) recently have been trouble. Difficult to pair (4-5 attempts after completely removing them and starting from scratch) and when receiving a call via bluetooth i click "answer" , radio mutes then radio comes back on. I then need to grab my phone (phone still show call as being connected via BT) and deactivate the BT. As long as the person has not hung up then I can proceed with that call. The caller cannot hear me nor I hear them until i turn off the BT on my phone.

Odd and painful to boot.

Dave

Regarding the wifi/bt interference.....it happens anywhere, from highway to parking lot to backyard(in range of home wifi)
Old 04-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've also had problems pairing with my BB Style. For the life of me, I can't remember the security code to allow it to pair. Does anyone have that?
Old 04-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Try 1234
Old 04-06-2011, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ranger91
I've also had problems pairing with my BB Style. For the life of me, I can't remember the security code to allow it to pair. Does anyone have that?
I thought it was always 1234?
Old 04-12-2011, 09:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sjuhawks19
I appreciate the thorough response and this did allow me to pair my Blackberry to the Q5. However when I got back into the Q5 later the Blackberry once again disabled the Bluetooth and wouldn't allow me to enable it. This phone is awful, I will never buy Blackberry again.
We picked up our 2011 Q5 in November, 2010. My dealer told me when I went in for the free 5000 mile maintenance there was an update flash available for the car, but they did not apply it when the car was delivered because our VIN did not fall within the range specified by Audi. They did the flash, but it didn't make any difference with our ongoing issue.

You need to try to pair other phones to the car, the best bet would be another Blackberry. Or two or more. Determine if the problem is just your phone or do all phones not reconnect properly to the car. If still not sure, then bring your phone to the dealer, and pair it to another Q5 on their lot with the same option package (nav or no nav) and see if your phone does the same thing on another car. My service manager was happy to spend the time to troubleshoot my problem, as he elluded to the fact my problem is not uncommon, and he was hoping to gain information that he could use for me and other customers.

If the issue is your Blackberry, remember your phone can be flashed as well. It can be reprogrammed by yourself with your PC, or at the store you bought the phone at.

A Blackberry is a rather complicated smartphone, and everything about them is geared towards being a handheld email machine for the corporate world. It performs that task brilliantly. They usually make decent phone calls. Otherwise, Blackberry's seem to fall short on most everything else.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sjuhawks19
Hi, I have a new 2011 Q5 and a Blackberry Tour. When I paired my blackberry with the Q5 via bluetooth at the dealer it worked perfectly. Now it won't work. It's worked for a few hours here or there, but for the most part it just won't pair up anymore. I know how to enable bluetooth on my phone but it just keeps disabling once in the car. Has anyone experienced this? I'm fairly certain the problem is with the Blackberry (which I can't wait to get rid of), but was just curious if anyone else had the same issue and fixed it (short of getting a new phone)?

I tried to update to the new OS for Blackberry but apparently the Tour is not a candidate for the upgrade.

Thanks.
2 suggestions for issues with MMI and bluetooth or voice command issues:
Especially if phone is a Blackberry, physically pull out the battery and reboot phone and then resynch.

If that doesn't work (and as long as radio is not a concert radio), hold the setup button, the MMI scroll **** center button, and the top right soft key right off the scroll wheel (the one that corresponds to the top right corner selection on the MMI screen) for about 7 seconds. Make sure you hold all the aforementioned buttons down together and then release again after about 7 -10 seconds. System will do a hard restart and then try phone again.

My bet is one of the two suggestions will do the trick and may help other issues posted on this forum. In my experience at the dealership, Blackberrys will periodically need the hard phone restart occasionally. Hope that helps!