Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Brake Pedal, Accelerator spacing Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 614 Likes on 511 Posts
Default I stand 100% behind what I said. Amazed.

Your response amazes me after your earlier post filled with the generalities and lack of specific understanding of the history on which you were commenting. And yes, I've owned and repaired Toyota's too, which are not God's gifts to vehicles any more than many others.

Also, don't you think it is bad taste to post a smiley face in a sentence about a dead police officer, let alone anyone else? To top it off, you talk about rotting fish in some further skepticism? Why do you out of left field impugn someone's character like that? Did you try a search if you were not familiar with the incident? It is arguably the specific one that forced Toyota to re-evaluate its prior stand-offish approach to the subject and helped take them down the road of broad recalls, substantial judgments and settlements, and an examination of how they approached it previously.

Just take the input into consideration in the future. You seem to have strong opinions, but I think the rhetoric and value judgments are exceeding facts provided. In my earlier reply, I tried to provide some of those, both about the Toyota situation, and the factually correct Audi model with the issue and my own first person follow on experience. Having owned the car, I wasn't happy about the publicity either, but Audi handled it poorly and Toyota later failed to learn from some of the same mistakes.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 08-03-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MP4.2+6.0
Your response amazes me after your earlier post filled with the generalities and lack of specific understanding of the history on which you were commenting. And yes, I've owned and repaired Toyota's too, which are not God's gifts to vehicles any more than many others.

Also, don't you think it is bad taste to post a smiley face in a sentence about a dead police officer, let alone anyone else? To top it off, you talk about rotting fish in some further skepticism? Why do you out of left field impugn someone's character like that? Did you try a search if you were not familiar with the incident? It is arguably the specific one that forced Toyota to re-evaluate its prior stand-offish approach to the subject and helped take them down the road of broad recalls, substantial judgments and settlements, and an examination of how they approached it previously.

Just take the input into consideration in the future. You seem to have strong opinions, but I think the rhetoric and value judgments are exceeding facts provided. In my earlier reply, I tried to provide some of those, both about the Toyota situation, and the factually correct Audi model with the issue and my own first person follow on experience. Having owned the car, I wasn't happy about the publicity either, but Audi handled it poorly and Toyota later failed to learn from some of the same mistakes.

Where is that picture that says, "Aw jeez, not this **** again"?

A little bit of reading comprehension on your part might go a long way...

The smiley you are referring to refers to CHP police, not to this specific individual. Mark Saylor died and it is sad that people died. Deaths that could have been prevented by basic actions.

Yes I am very skeptic when people make claims, especially when it turns out that the claims could have been easily remediated. In this case by an officer with advanced vehicle training which scares me, as I stated. Yes, many Toyota cars were recalled because of floor mats, and then later for some work on the pedals themselves.

We know that floor mats under pedals can cause issues, therefore we make sure that the floor mats are secure before we drive. Normal, standard vehicle oversight to make sure that we are safe on the road, not only for ourselves, but also for others. The same way we check our oil, tires, seat position, mirrors, etc., prior to using this machinery.

We take responsibility for our actions and do not blame other people when we foul up.

I hope the original poster in this thread places his/her shoes in a safe place and not some place where it can interfere with the car controls (brakes). How many people do you think take their shoes of when they drive and leave it in the same foot well, just to get caught under the brake?

BTW, Mark Saylor's relatives did file a law suit for unspecified losses against Toyota seemingly in an attempt to capitalize on someone else's misfortune.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Guys, can we ramp up the civility a bit (and forgo any profanity)? Disagreement is fine but let's please keep it respectful.
Thanks.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Guys, can we ramp up the civility a bit (and forgo any profanity)? Disagreement is fine but let's please keep it respectful.
Thanks.
You may want to put personal attacks on that list as well. Those are not appreciated at all.

Thank you...
Old 08-05-2013, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by dsackman
You may want to put personal attacks on that list as well. Those are not appreciated at all.

Thank you...
Amen.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Thanks.
Thunderdome! Two Audis enter, one Audi leaves!