Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Brand new Q5 needs transmission replacement. Needs your hlep!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I understand JasonR-NYC's logic correctly, I shall cheer, instead of disappointment, that my brand new Q5 got a replaced transmission?

If your newly built house got a cracked slab, and needs to be replaced, isn’t it fair for you to ask damage compensation, and/or consider rejecting to accept the house, from your builder?
Old 11-11-2011, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by danwang
If I understand JasonR-NYC's logic correctly, I shall cheer, instead of disappointment, that my brand new Q5 got a replaced transmission?

If your newly built house got a cracked slab, and needs to be replaced, isn’t it fair for you to ask damage compensation, and/or consider rejecting to accept the house, from your builder?
You already accepted the car though, and Audi is covering the repair under warranty. It's a little late to "reject" it. No one is saying you should be happy that this happened, but you should be happy they are taking care of it correctly. My previous Q5 had transmission problems and Audi fought me every step of the way in getting it repaired correctly. I do not believe you have a right to ask for compensation either, it's being repaired under warranty, just as it should be. To bring houses into the scenario, as you did, many home sales now include a one year home warranty, and that warranty would repair your cracked slab scenario, just as your car's warranty is repairing its transmission. If you want to ask for an extended warranty for the drivetrain that seems reasonable.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Audi covered the transmission replacement under warranty without fighting you or trying to convince you to accept a band-aid solution. I really don't see what there is to complain about.

If you want to try to milk it for an extended warranty, that might be reasonable, but I really don't see what your line of reasoning is. The problem is gone. I'm not sure why you believe getting a completely new Q5 would be better...
Old 11-11-2011, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is 2012 Premium 2.0T.

This is not small technical issue, this is transmission replacement which definitively affects badly our safety, market value, and use of the vehicle, I am very disappointed.

Thanks for your inputs
Jeez! I'm sure everyone here understands that you are disappointed but Audi/dealer will make you whole again very soon. They're doing everything that is expected of them by any REASONABLE owner. Get over it and put some miles on the loaner and everything will be fine.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HaveBullDogWillTravel
Jeez! I'm sure everyone here understands that you are disappointed but Audi/dealer will make you whole again very soon. They're doing everything that is expected of them by any REASONABLE owner. Get over it and put some miles on the loaner and everything will be fine.
Why are you talking "down" to the OP for being dissatisfied and calling him indirectly petty names??? He just PURCHASED a product upward of $40k and in less than 2 months had to have a major repair? No need to indirectly call him unreasonable...
Old 11-11-2011, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by lalanik
Why are you talking "down" to the OP for being dissatisfied and calling him indirectly petty names??? He just PURCHASED a product upward of $40k and in less than 2 months had to have a major repair? No need to indirectly call him unreasonable...

Does someone need tissue to wipe the tears?

**** happens, tranny fails, you have warranty so you get new. Like Urban wrote be happy these days it's cheaper to install new than starting to repair it at the shop.

Whats next, your tire blows off and you want them to buy your car back?

Lalanik, sorry to break your little dreamworld but Bulldog is right, OP is unreasonable thinking Audi would need to replace the car. If the problem repeats itself then either OP doesn't know how to drive or there is place from lemon case.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by lalanik
My apologies. You are correct-I should not be indirect. The OP is being UNREASONABLE. Thanks for pointing that out.
I'm not "talking "down"" to anyone. I'm telling it like it is. It's not my problem that some people have a hard time dealing with the truth. I've never been one to sugar-coat much in an attempt to keep from hurting someone's feelings. Most reasonable people like it that way. Oops...there I go again. My bad.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Your house has a modular foundation that can be fully replaced within a day by a competent professional? That's so cool!
Old 11-14-2011, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It is 2012 Premium 2.0T.

This is not small technical issue, this is transmission replacement which definitively affects badly our safety, market value, and use of the vehicle, I am very disappointed.
How does a noise from the tranny affect your safety? Resale valve is not affected by warranty repairs, just accidents. Lastly, I hope they gave you an Audi loaner to use while yours was in the shop.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not really understanding what the issue is. They are giving you a new transmission not repairing an existing one and you are still complaining? This is why your car came with a warranty, in case something has a defect and needs to be replaced / repaired.

Audi will most likely extend your warranty an extra year. It all depend on the rep you get and how much you whine about it. Judging by this post you can whine so its very possible you can squeeze something out of them but not a brand new car.

Quick Reply: Brand new Q5 needs transmission replacement. Needs your hlep!