Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Bridgestone Run flat tyres

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bridgestone Run flat tyres

Having purchased a new set of alloys for my Q5 i was looking at tyres and decided to get a set of 255/45R20 101W BRIDGESTONE DUELER SPORT AO HZ as these are presently fitted to my car and i assumed these were runflats,ive got no spare just a repair can and electric inflator,ive got no TPMS that i know of and on the Bridgestone website it says their runflat tyres are identified with RFS logo on tyrewall which mine have not.Can these Bridgestone tyres be obtained in both run flat and non run flats?
Old 07-04-2012, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Just been on phone to local tyre supplier who says these tyres are not run flats,yet if you go on Bridgestone website and click on run flats it shows 5 choices with Bridgestone dueler sport being one of them..confusing or what.

http://www.bridgesto.../run-flat-tyres
Old 07-04-2012, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

http://www.bridgestone.co.uk/tyres/c...run-flat-tyres
Old 07-04-2012, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Runflats suck, IMO. Had them on a MINI and a BMW 335i and I wasted no time getting rid of them. Terrible ride and handling, expensive, and can hard to find if you need a replacement. Runflats are a big reason I'll never own another BMW or MINi. Mandatory sunroof for US BMWs is another.
I kept a tire plugging kit and a small compressor in the boot of both cars and only needed to use it once in over 100K miles. I say be glad you got what you got.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by HaveBullDogWillTravel
Runflats suck, IMO. Had them on a MINI and a BMW 335i and I wasted no time getting rid of them. Terrible ride and handling, expensive, and can hard to find if you need a replacement. Runflats are a big reason I'll never own another BMW or MINi. Mandatory sunroof for US BMWs is another.
I kept a tire plugging kit and a small compressor in the boot of both cars and only needed to use it once in over 100K miles. I say be glad you got what you got.
didnt know sunroof was mandatory...why is that?
Old 07-04-2012, 09:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

its an Audi, not a BMW....no need for RFT's
Old 07-05-2012, 07:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Coolieman1220
its an Audi, not a BMW....no need for RFT's
what got me was the OP said that he had no spare. Not sure why he has no spare...wouldn't think that would be a Canada thing.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sporta
didnt know sunroof was mandatory...why is that?
BMW thinks they know more about what we want than we do.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

No need for runflats. They are heavy and ride harsh. I have a neighbor who has a Z4 that came with runflats and though he is not a car guy at all he got rid of them fast because of how harsh they were.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

what got me was the OP said that he had no spare. Not sure why he has no spare...wouldn't think that would be a Canada thing.
dont get a spare in uk...either have to buy a collapsible space saver or use repair kit...

Quick Reply: Bridgestone Run flat tyres