Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Cinnamon interior

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cinnamon interior

I don't like black as I think it feels too gloomy and dark. I love the light Cardamom, but worry about dye transfer and it getting filthy in general. So I am left with Cinnamon and I don't know if I like it. What colors does it go best with? Does it hide dirt well? Is it a pretty color in person?
Old 08-16-2011, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flashy09
I don't like black as I think it feels too gloomy and dark. I love the light Cardamom, but worry about dye transfer and it getting filthy in general. So I am left with Cinnamon and I don't know if I like it. What colors does it go best with? Does it hide dirt well? Is it a pretty color in person?
I have the cinnamon brown interior and love it. It looks darker in person than the pictures. What I like about it is the rest of the interior is black, with only the seats brown. I have Ibis White exterior.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by c-dub
I have the cinnamon brown interior and love it. It looks darker in person than the pictures. What I like about it is the rest of the interior is black, with only the seats brown. I have Ibis White exterior.
I like the rest of the interior being black! I don't like the beige color that comes with the Cardamom. Is the cinnamon very reddish?
Old 08-16-2011, 08:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I like the rest of the interior being black! I don't like the beige color that comes with the Cardamom. Is the cinnamon very reddish?
Cinnamon is an awesome color. For some reason, pictures do not do it justice, often appearing reddish or even orange. The actual color is a much more elegant medium brown and it contrasts nicely with the black dash and door panels and the wood trim.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DSLnet
Cinnamon is an awesome color. For some reason, pictures do not do it justice, often appearing reddish or even orange. The actual color is a much more elegant medium brown and it contrasts nicely with the black dash and door panels and the wood trim.
Agree, the pictures seems more reddish then real life. Black interior + brown seats is very elegant!
Old 08-16-2011, 09:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by c-dub
Agree, the pictures seems more reddish then real life. Black interior + brown seats is very elegant!
It is beautiful when it's brand new but I do not think it ages well. I saw a used model in the showroom with 20k miles. The cinnamon seats did not look good. Lots of wrinkles and discoloration. If I did not know better, I would think the car was much older based on the seats. I was all set to buy them until I saw that.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have the Cinnamon on my 2010 Q with the Deep Sea Blue exterior - stunning! I still love opening the vehicle door and seeing the beautiful color that is the Cinnamon ... and like folks say, I concur 100%, that photos do not do it justice!
Black to me is blahh and the Cardamon too easily to get dirty (esp. w my nieces & my dogs as my previous vehicle had an ash interior)

That said 2 things ...
1)I wore a navy blue rain coat last fall and there was some color transfer to the Cinnamon colored seats and I have tried to be diligent about cleaning them but alas not so much time!

2) when I had a tear in the rear seat and the leather service came to make the repair, the tech had a very hard time trying to match the Cinnamon color but, he was determined to do a great job (which he did) and after 9 tries did match the color.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Like loscoz I also have the Cinnamon Brown interior with my Deep Sea Blue. I like the contrast of the combo, though it was the first time I strayed from an all-black interior. I agree with other posts that the color doesn't photograph well so I suggest seeing it in person before deciding. One of the reasons I went with the Cinnamon interior was to get the black headliner without having to get the full S-Line package. I was initially concerned about any color lighter than black as I have a 65 lb Boxer, but the Cinnamon has been fine and she's a happy pup in back. A friend riding in my Q5 compared my seats to his favorite comfy brown leather chair at home.

When looking at photos before buying my Q5 last December, I could see that the bottom portion of the seat tends to get a bit of a ripple in the leather which I wasn't accustomed to on my previous cars from Audi or BMW but it wasn't anything that kept me from buying. I also know that dye from some jeans transfers onto the Cinnamon seats (and possibly the gray and beige as well) so I've used leather cleaning wipes on it a couple of times. Sounds like the seats BayGBM saw had the ripple in the leather, but also may not have been cleaned regularly and then perhaps they were cleaned too aggressively.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've had my Q5 for three months. Brilliant Black with Cinnamon. The ripples in the bottom of the seat don't bother me and I have seen no color transfer on the leather as of yet, and I wear jeans everyday. The one problem I have is that the seats show every speck of dust, dirt or whatever. Maybe I'm just dirty but after a few days, the seats need a brushing. I do live in a city environment and park on the street. That may be the problem.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the cinnamon brown with the quartz gray exterior. I guess the combination was nice enough that Audi selected that combo for the International Auto Show, so that tells you what Audi thinks of it. I love the brown seats with the black throughout the rest of the interior.

I wear jeans practically everyday and I've had the car for 6 months and have seen no dye transfer at all.

Quick Reply: Cinnamon interior