Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Clear mask

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 09:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also wanted to ask those of you who has clear bra for more than few years, how good the film looks after all the damage it gets from the road. In other words, I have no doubts that paint under film is in great shape. The question is how well the film itself looks. I just look carefully at my wife's silver FX35 (no film and even no regular waxing) and after 85K miles and 5 years it only has very few noticeable chips and many tiny ones that are not really seen unless looking very closely right after cars is washed. Can I expect that the film will look as good after 5 years and almost 100K of highway driving?
Old 05-16-2011, 09:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by max90034
I also wanted to ask those of you who has clear bra for more than few years, how good the film looks after all the damage it gets from the road. In other words, I have no doubts that paint under film is in great shape. The question is how well the film itself looks. I just look carefully at my wife's silver FX35 (no film and even no regular waxing) and after 85K miles and 5 years it only has very few noticeable chips and many tiny ones that are not really seen unless looking very closely right after cars is washed. Can I expect that the film will look as good after 5 years and almost 100K of highway driving?

Had the 3M film installed on my 2006 Corvette when new. Looks just as good as the day it was put on. Keep the car garaged and also use Rejex on the entire car. This was good enough for me so had my 20ll Q5 done by the same installer. Right now, living in Central Florida we are in the Love Bug season. If you are not familiar with these pesky creatures, you don't want to know. Just finished a 3000 mile road trip, no chips, no problems. In sum, I highly recommend the 3M product, but as mentioned, it's always about the installer...