Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Cold Feet on Q5 purchase??

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 12:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All cars are machines and machines can and do break down. There is no such thing as 100% reliability and anyone who tells you that they never had a problem is either lying or has a short memory.

If you like the Q5 then don't come on a forum and read the negative points to make up some reason not to get it. Toyota has problems with their cars - like brakes not working...and Lexus styling is quite dull and boring.

The whole carbon build-up with the 3.2 is overstated - the forums are a vocal minority so don't let that give you the impression that all Q5 owners are having trouble. Of the many Q5s sold, probably less than 1% of the buyers come to a forum like this and post. Of those 1%, I'd say more than half of them come when they have a problem.

When was the last time you signed up to post on a forum solely to let everyone know how great you think a product is and nothing else?
Old 08-26-2012, 12:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PeerBlock
All cars are machines and machines can and do break down. There is no such thing as 100% reliability and anyone who tells you that they never had a problem is either lying or has a short memory.

If you like the Q5 then don't come on a forum and read the negative points to make up some reason not to get it. Toyota has problems with their cars - like brakes not working...and Lexus styling is quite dull and boring.

The whole carbon build-up with the 3.2 is overstated - the forums are a vocal minority so don't let that give you the impression that all Q5 owners are having trouble. Of the many Q5s sold, probably less than 1% of the buyers come to a forum like this and post. Of those 1%, I'd say more than half of them come when they have a problem.

When was the last time you signed up to post on a forum solely to let everyone know how great you think a product is and nothing else?
I appreciate and understand all of what you're saying and I'm well aware of the fact that you'll see more gripes on forums than praises. Of course all cars have problems, Lexus included. But based on my own, 20+ year experience with Lexus vs many other brands I've owned (Nissan, Ford, Dodge, Mercedes, Jeep, Honda, Chevy, etc.), I can say, without a doubt, that Lexus is the most reliable brand I've owned. If I was basing my next purchase on reliability alone, it would again be a Lexus. But Audi is putting out some incredibly sexy, sporty vehicles and I'm always up for something new...but that's not to say that reliabilty takes a back seat. Currently, my scale is tilting towards a 2013 3.0 TDI PP order.