Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Color opinions wanted

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Color opinions wanted

Getting ready to put my MY13 Q5 Prestige order in but the Mrs. Is having issues with the color she wants. She is debating cuvée silver with black interior vs. moonlight blue with beige interior. Opinions are appreciated!
Old 09-02-2012, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by waterburyr
Getting ready to put my MY13 Q5 Prestige order in but the Mrs. Is having issues with the color she wants. She is debating cuvée silver with black interior vs. moonlight blue with beige interior. Opinions are appreciated!
I didn't have a beige interior in my first Q, but I did have light gray, and I can say it was a nightmare to keep clean. It was beautiful when it was clean, and new, but over a short amount of time virtually everything rubbed it's color off onto the seats, and it was a pain to clean. I kept up with it using leather wipes, but by the end of the 6 months I owned it, the driver's seat was getting a dull tinge to it that wouldn't come off.

I'd recommend black interior as the option, my current Q has a black interior and it looks fantastic after 9 months of ownership.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

IMO, black interiors all the way!!!

About the exterior colour, my fav are silver or white!
Old 09-02-2012, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Cuvee silver, it's a new color and will be more unique
Old 09-02-2012, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by migsan
IMO, black interiors all the way!!!

About the exterior colour, my fav are silver or white!
+1 on the black interior. Mine is 2 yrs old and still looks new. A little leather cleaner and conditioner every 3-4 months works for me. Not a fan of Moonlight Blue, looks too grey to me up close, hard to tell there's any blue in there. Everyone's tastes are different though. The cuvee silver looks nice but kind of "old lady Cadillac" IMO. Went with the Scuba Blue myself on the 3.0T I ordered. I believe that it's not about what everyone else thinks but what you like and will be happy with. Good luck!
Old 09-02-2012, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

My Q is black and biege. All I can say is "never again". My wife paid for it so I let her pick the combo against my better judgement. Both inside and out are a nightmare to keep clean and I knew it would be. With no garage it requires a weekly exterior wash and interior wipedown with lexol and it still looks dirty the next day. Also the 18 inch wheels are much harder to keep clean than the 5 spoke 19's. Of the 2012 choices I would have gone with teak brown and cinnimon. IMO I think both would hide dirt and hold up well over time.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

Cuvee was my original choice until I saw it in person on an A4. It's not a very deep colour and it looked Quartz with a layer of dust. I don't think it will be a big seller.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default No beige interior

My 2002 A6 4.2 was green with a beige interior. Was nice and bright on the inside, but as others have mentioned, a pain to keep clean. Many door scuffs from shoes and anything that got rubbed into the seats a bit. Loved the green since it was close to Britsh Racing Green.

Dark colors tend to make cars look a bit smaller and soften the visual lines. In my opinion, the Q5 looks best in darker or stronger colors like Scuba Blue. We ordered my wife's Q5 in Teak Brown with a black interior. Looks great. Guys at the car wash always compliment the color.

Easiet car to keep looking clean...silver exterior with a black interior.

Lots of silver and grey cars out there. Go for something more unique.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by waterburyr
Well, the Mrs. in all her indecisiveness has asked me to relay her appreciation for your feedback and she has finally decided on an entirely different color scheme (women will be women! LOL). The vehicle she now wants is as follows:

MY13 Audi Q5 3.0T with Prestige trim in Glacier White Metallic exterior and Black leather interior with the following configuration:

Configuration: The above-mentioned model and trim with Sport Interior Package and 20" 5-double-spoke Offroad design wheels.

I like her taste! What are your thoughts on this color combo and configuration.

Thank for the input!
Old 09-03-2012, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cwdonahue

Easiet car to keep looking clean...silver exterior with a black interior.

Lots of silver and grey cars out there. Go for something more unique.
I agree with cwdonahue. 75% of all Q5 I see in LA - silver.
Here is another issue for me - wife can't stand black interior color.
There one user here - FitzLA, who sold his 2009 beige interior QA after one year and get 2010 with black interior - was tired clean up blue mark from jeans from the seats.

Quick Reply: Color opinions wanted