Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Color opinions wanted

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TIME89
I agree with cwdonahue. 75% of all Q5 I see in LA - silver.
Here is another issue for me - wife can't stand black interior color.
There one user here - FitzLA, who sold his 2009 beige interior QA after one year and get 2010 with black interior - was tired clean up blue mark from jeans from the seats.
Yeah, my wife isn't thrilled about the black interior but after hearing all the nightmare stories about the lighter color interiors, she is ok with it. She also decided on the Glacier White Metallic because we've heard nothing but good things about it. She even said she might be interested in getting some after market black wheels, which I've always thought looked HOT with white. It's going to be her car so the choices are hers.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by waterburyr
Yeah, my wife isn't thrilled about the black interior but after hearing all the nightmare stories about the lighter color interiors, she is ok with it. She also decided on the Glacier White Metallic because we've heard nothing but good things about it. She even said she might be interested in getting some after market black wheels, which I've always thought looked HOT with white. It's going to be her car so the choices are hers.
From personal experiences - get your wife at dealership and try to show her all available colors. If color not available on Q5 - look at Q7, or A4,A6,A8.
We was all set for some grey color for my BMW and then we saw (by accident) Monaco Blue and that what we get.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
From personal experiences - get your wife at dealership and try to show her all available colors. If color not available on Q5 - look at Q7, or A4,A6,A8.
We was all set for some grey color for my BMW and then we saw (by accident) Monaco Blue and that what we get.
Been there, done that, lol. We've been going through this now for almost 9 months while waiting for the MY13 to show up. To be honest, I'm sick and tired of the whole thing and am now elated she has finally made a decision. I love the Glacier White/black leather interior combo, especially if we decide to throw on some black "shoes" at a later date. I think it's an incredibly sporty look.

Anyhow, a new question dawned on me that I wanted to inquire with the forum about. The Q's come standard with the walnut brown wood inlays. While that might look good with a gray or beige interior, I'm considering switching over to the Aluminium Dimension inlays. According to the configurator, "This no-cost option replaces the Walnut Brown Wood inlays with brighter aluminum accents." In my opinion, this inlay would probably look much better with a black leather interior. What are you thoughts?

Also, if anyone has a Glacier White with Black interior and Aluminium Dimension inlays, please feel free to post some pics to give us a better visual on the way this beauty will look.

Thanks to everyone on your feedback!
Old 09-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think I've made up my mind to order a 2013 3.0T, I'm getting it in White w/ Black Interior and Aluminum inlays. My Legacy GT has black leather/interior with aluminum inlays (I swapped aluminum for the faux wood on my own) and I like the look of it. Has more of a GT feel vs. fake wood.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Are you saying that Audi uses FAKE wood. I want a refund!
Old 09-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by johncaravello
Are you saying that Audi uses FAKE wood. I want a refund!
Sorry, my Subaru used fake wood, I swapped it out. I'm sure Audi uses fake wood though, don't they?
Old 09-04-2012, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Walnut inlays

Originally Posted by waterburyr
Been there, done that, lol. We've been going through this now for almost 9 months while waiting for the MY13 to show up. To be honest, I'm sick and tired of the whole thing and am now elated she has finally made a decision. I love the Glacier White/black leather interior combo, especially if we decide to throw on some black "shoes" at a later date. I think it's an incredibly sporty look.

Anyhow, a new question dawned on me that I wanted to inquire with the forum about. The Q's come standard with the walnut brown wood inlays. While that might look good with a gray or beige interior, I'm considering switching over to the Aluminium Dimension inlays. According to the configurator, "This no-cost option replaces the Walnut Brown Wood inlays with brighter aluminum accents." In my opinion, this inlay would probably look much better with a black leather interior. What are you thoughts?

Also, if anyone has a Glacier White with Black interior and Aluminium Dimension inlays, please feel free to post some pics to give us a better visual on the way this beauty will look.

Thanks to everyone on your feedback!
Look great with the black interior. Won't look odd or anything like that with a white exterior.