Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Daytona Grey vs Mythos Black SQ5 w/ Black Optics

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

what about suzuka gray on the outside ?
Old 04-14-2016, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dassq5
Consider Lava Gray. That is what I have in my SQ5 with HGB. Sometimes it looks almost black (overcast skies in winter). Other times it looks closer to Daytona Gray (bright sunlight). Best of both worlds??
Thank you for your suggestion. Lava grey isn't an option in Canada. It's only between Daytona Grey or Mythos Black for me.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I chose mythos. First black car in 45 years. I keep it waxed and it stays as clean or cleaner the my prior Moonlight blue. No problem with swirl marks. I found this helpful before I decided.

https://www.carwow.co.uk/blog/Audi-Q5-2014-Colour-Guide
Old 04-14-2016, 08:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had the pearl coat Phantom Black on my '13 S4....It looked REALLY slick. But it was very difficult to keep clean here in the midwest and most of the time didn't look as amazing as it could. I have Daytona Gray now and really appreciate how it looks on days when it could use a wash. It still looks pretty good even with a little road grime, and looks amazin when washed...not as amazing as the pearl coat black though!

In a perfect world, I would go with a pearl coat black...
Old 04-14-2016, 09:51 AM
tgt
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

My '14 is Phantom, love that color (and the flake it has) in addition to (IMO) being better at hiding dirt than previous brilliant black Audi's I've had.

Good Luck!
-tgt
Old 04-14-2016, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tgt
My '14 is Phantom, love that color (and the flake it has) in addition to (IMO) being better at hiding dirt than previous brilliant black Audi's I've had.

Good Luck!
-tgt
Interestingly I noticed you have two SQ5's per your signature. Phantom is not an option for me either. But curious between Phantom or Daytona which one do you like more?
Old 04-14-2016, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by vancouver85
Interestingly I noticed you have two SQ5's per your signature. Phantom is not an option for me either. But curious between Phantom or Daytona which one do you like more?

Also just to help with the comparison I found these photos on the Audi Germany's website. which is exactly how I would want mine to look with the two tone (which would include a black spoiler even if it's a daytona grey).
Attached Images       
Old 04-14-2016, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 96 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by vancouver85
Thank you for your suggestion. Lava grey isn't an option in Canada. It's only between Daytona Grey or Mythos Black for me.
Then I would definitely go with Daytona Gray. I think it would really contrast nicely with the HGB.

And at least here in Colorado. It seems everybody has gone the blacked out route -- from Chevy pickups to Range Rovers to Buick SUVs!!
Old 04-14-2016, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Personally, i think the mythos black integrates very well with the black optics grill. Daytona grey with the default chrome grill has the best contrast imho.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray_QT
Personally, i think the mythos black integrates very well with the black optics grill. Daytona grey with the default chrome grill has the best contrast imho.
I love ours, but it is not easy to keep clean!

Quick Reply: Daytona Grey vs Mythos Black SQ5 w/ Black Optics