Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Old 07-22-2016, 01:17 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

Decision time: Prestige or Premium Plus (w/ nav + 19's)?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 09:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decision time: Prestige or Premium Plus (w/ nav + 19's)?

So for those of you who have bought or are considering a purchase, what kind of considerations did you make in deciding whether to go with Prestige or Premium Plus trim levels?

I originally thought Prestige would be best for me but then I took a closer look at the features list for Premium Plus and noticed that there were just a small number of differences between them. For me 19" wheels and Navigation are must-haves so once I add those as options to a Premium Plus, I think the only differences are:
- Audi key
- B&O soundsystem
- Side assist

And of course a roughly $3400 price difference. Did I miss anything? Are there other differences between Prestige and Premium Plus (besides the wheels and nav) that I should take into account?

For those that have these features, what do you think about them? Are they worth it to you?

I've heard only the B&O soundsystem so don't know how the standard Audi soundsystem performs. I'm mostly listening to radio on my commute and 256kbps MP3's on longer trips.

What about Audi key? I don't have this option on my car now so I haven't experienced the convenience to understand how much I'll really want this in the future.

Side assist sounds nice too and you can only get it on Prestige I think.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

2010 Premium Plus with B&O, Nav & 19" (+ destination) = $43,651, MSRP $46,875
2010 Prestige (+ destination) = $46,256, MSRP $49,675
**prices according to Edmunds.com

For that $2605 - $2800 difference, you get Audi Advance Key & Side Assist. Nothing else that I've notice are different on the cars. Whether it's worth it to you or not is your call.

But of course the Prestige trim will allow you to order other options not available to the Premium Plus like Audi Drive Select and the new Luxury Package.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was not much of a debate for me when I was deciding which items where must haves and which were not. I ended up getting a Premium Plus with Nav and 19" wheels. Side assist, the B&O, and the Advance Key, while very nice, seemed superfluous to me. I am very happy with the setup I have. The standard sound system should please all but the seasoned audiophile.

Last edited by AudiCO; 08-13-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The Thermo cupholder also comes with the Prestige.

I ended up getting the same package, Premium Plus, Nav, and 19" wheels. I wanted the Audi advance key but that was the only thing I really wanted from the Prestige package. I couldn't justify spending that much more for one feature I wanted. The push in key fob to start is still pretty cool.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have a Prestige with the luxury package. The Audi key- very cool. Pull the door handle, get in and push the button. Side assist- I am starting to like this feature. It makes the mirror check just that much quicker in a tight traffic situation. And the thermo cupholder is less of a gimmick than I thought it would be- actually makes cold drinks colder. Only wish there was one for the passenger, as well. These features are fun, but definitely a judgement call on if they are worth it. I think you could enjoy the Premium Plus if you're on the fence and aren't considering the luxury package. But you should definitely consider the luxury package. IMO definitely worth the added expense, especially if you live in area with extreme temperatures or are considering black seats.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

What does the luxury package consists of?

I checked the Audi website and they don't have any info yet. Also, any idea on the price?

Thanks,

Hugh
Old 08-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the replies so far everyone.

I forgot about the thermo cup holder. That's one I really liked and could see myself appreciating the utility of it.

I don't think the luxury package would be worth it for my needs - opting for black seats but it would be parked indoors most of the time and it doesn't get too hot here in coastal San Diego. Then again I never thought heated seats would be needed here but they come in pretty handy.

Audi Drive Select sounds nice but its just too pricey for my driving habits.

It's gonna be a tough choice. We tend to keep cars for awhile (5-7 years at least) so there's sort of a just-get-it-all mentality for options that we're trying to fight a bit. Though 5 years from now I'm likely to be happier with the car still if it has all these nice things.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by hughh
What does the luxury package consists of?

I checked the Audi website and they don't have any info yet. Also, any idea on the price?
$2300. Luxury package includes leather instrument panel top and door armrests with leather color stitching, Premium Milano leather and ventilated front seats. It's a new option for 2010. The Audi Q5 configurator hasn't been updated yet, but it's in the new 2010 brochure.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought about this (Prestige v. Premium Plus w/ Nav 19 in wheels) for several days before ordering. I agree with the majority of responses on this topic - Key assist is the most attractive option to have. I decided to go with Prestige mainly because of the key assist. May have gone the other route if key assist was stand alone. Then I began to think how cool the upgraded radio would be. Let me tell you.....I am so glad I went Prestige. The key assist is NOT something I want to go without. I got too spoiled with it on my wife's 3 series. It is one of those things that you do not know what you are missing till you have it and We would have known what we were missing - not going to do that on a 45K ride. Plus, the key assist works on all four doors - not so on our 3 series - this is a huge plus. Plus, I must say that that B&O ROCKS!!! Loving it. I think I may have to go for another ride just to hear it jam. Haven't tried out the thermal cup holder, but am looking foward to doing so. As for the side assist, I could have definitly gone without - kinda pissed they added that standard on Presitge.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:03 PM
DrV
AudiWorld Senior Member

Congrats for going with Prestige, you are right about the options and the difference it makes, I don't regret the extra cost a bit! I had to put up with SA as well, but I have found it handy a couple of times when someone was approaching at high speed from behind, once you start using it, it is kind of neat.

Quick Reply: Decision time: Prestige or Premium Plus (w/ nav + 19's)?