Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Demand for 2.0TFSI

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shrad6
My salesman said he is going to see if he can get me my VIN. Is there anyway I can track her and see how the process is moving along? Also what a realistic wait time for a build?
According to my dealer there is no way to track the build for an Audi except asking the dealer. I ordered my 2.0 PP + Nav + B&O 3 weeks ago. It was built last week and is expected to be on the ship on Oct 28th and finally in Dallas, TX around Thanksgiving.

Right now its taking between 2-3 months( to the US) to get your Audi once ordered.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Our dealer in KC was completely sold out of all versions of Q5s and Q7s this past weekend. No inventory at all.

Unforseen demand for these 2 models or manufacturing issues?

My guess is upside demand.

Just went over 1,000 miles on my Q5 2.0PP and the car is absolutely phenomenal. Smooth acceleration, quiet cabin, understated luxury and terrific gas mileage (getting 23mpg with about 90% city/10% highway)....car's got it all.

Couldn't be happier.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was able to pick up a 2.0t yesterday with the exact options I wanted 1 day after speaking to my local dealer that had to arrange a dealer trade to get the car. I wanted an ibis white/ black interior P+ with nav and tow package, ended up with beach cargo mat, 19's and running boards also. I was happy with the price and very happy I got exactly the car I wanted plus a few nice extras I wasn't really planning on getting but glad I ended up with.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DriftDreamzSS
I was able to pick up a 2.0t yesterday with the exact options I wanted 1 day after speaking to my local dealer that had to arrange a dealer trade to get the car. I wanted an ibis white/ black interior P+ with nav and tow package, ended up with beach cargo mat, 19's and running boards also. I was happy with the price and very happy I got exactly the car I wanted plus a few nice extras I wasn't really planning on getting but glad I ended up with.
After reading many of these threads, good job on getting what you want. It pains me that people have to compromise on options on a brand new car. I think it defeats the purpose of buying new.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi, new to the forum and to Audi.

My husband and I just placed our order yesterday for a 2.0T with Black/Cinnamon, P+, nav, B&O, 19"s, tow and cargo beach mat. We had the same difficulty with dealers here in GA. The dealer we were talking to here had found what we were looking for heading to the US on a ship for another east coast dealer. It sold before he could even try to make a trade for it. So, we decided just to wait it out and order one. Even 2.0's that they (GA dealer) had on their lot last week are now all gone. Incredible.

I was hoping to get it by Christmas. If it takes the full 12 weeks it will be January. I plan to drive this car for a very long time(10+ years), so to me it is worth waiting to get exactly what I want.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ace44
Hi, new to the forum and to Audi.

My husband and I just placed our order yesterday for a 2.0T with Black/Cinnamon, P+, nav, B&O, 19"s, tow and cargo beach mat. We had the same difficulty with dealers here in GA. The dealer we were talking to here had found what we were looking for heading to the US on a ship for another east coast dealer. It sold before he could even try to make a trade for it. So, we decided just to wait it out and order one. Even 2.0's that they (GA dealer) had on their lot last week are now all gone. Incredible.

I was hoping to get it by Christmas. If it takes the full 12 weeks it will be January. I plan to drive this car for a very long time(10+ years), so to me it is worth waiting to get exactly what I want.
Welcome to the forum
Good choice of options, i think it'll be worth the wait as you'll get a bespoke car that's made to your liking/need.

I went the same route, here in England the Q5s are selling like hot cakes!! The wait is bout 6 months with some dealers, but we do keep our cars for long time and therefore have to make sure we are happy with it - no compromises
Old 10-12-2010, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

This is not a bespoke car. At best this would be considered a made to order car.

I am curious about the market price of Q5's in the UK. What is a good price to pay for a Q5, 2.0TFSI metallic paint, premium plus with navigation package?

Originally Posted by the-oneil
Welcome to the forum
Good choice of options, i think it'll be worth the wait as you'll get a bespoke car that's made to your liking/need.

I went the same route, here in England the Q5s are selling like hot cakes!! The wait is bout 6 months with some dealers, but we do keep our cars for long time and therefore have to make sure we are happy with it - no compromises
Old 10-12-2010, 07:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mpraju
According to my dealer there is no way to track the build for an Audi except asking the dealer. I ordered my 2.0 PP + Nav + B&O 3 weeks ago. It was built last week and is expected to be on the ship on Oct 28th and finally in Dallas, TX around Thanksgiving.

Right now its taking between 2-3 months( to the US) to get your Audi once ordered.
Looks like we're on the same schedule. I was curious to see how much more a month Nav would cost me and if I was able to add it to my build. My dealer said my build is out of production and due mid November.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was looking around 09/10 and dealers here (Las Vegas) had a few each but not exactly what I was looking for. I ordered one which ended up being a change to a Q that was scheduled to come in already. Delivery date is around 12/20, so just over 90 days.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NMW1982
This is not a bespoke car. At best this would be considered a made to order car.

I am curious about the market price of Q5's in the UK. What is a good price to pay for a Q5, 2.0TFSI metallic paint, premium plus with navigation package?
By Bespoke I meant specially made for you, so you can add/delete options as you want (Some people go for the Audi Exclusive range).

You'd be looking at £35K (Which is what i am paying)for the exact Specs you mentioned.

Quick Reply: Demand for 2.0TFSI