Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Driving in snow

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 05:01 AM
DrV
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving in snow

Hi gang, I drove for 2 hours last night in a snowstorm. The Q5 was steady as a rock, maintained 110km/hr on snow covered highway - no problem, left all the slow traffic behind. I had great fun driving through twist and turns and steep inclines, becoming more familiar with the driving characteristics of the vehicle. The Bridgestone Blizzacs perform well and ensure very good grip on slippery surfaces. Last year I got stuck 3 times with my Passat TDI, but not much chance of that happening with my Q! Love it
Old 12-14-2009, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DrV
Hi gang, I drove for 2 hours last night in a snowstorm. The Q5 was steady as a rock, maintained 110km/hr on snow covered highway - no problem, left all the slow traffic behind. I had great fun driving through twist and turns and steep inclines, becoming more familiar with the driving characteristics of the vehicle. The Bridgestone Blizzacs perform well and ensure very good grip on slippery surfaces. Last year I got stuck 3 times with my Passat TDI, but not much chance of that happening with my Q! Love it
Same here
Old 12-14-2009, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DrV
Same here

The Q5 Sticks to the Road

Post some Pic's of the Q5 in The Snow

BCD-1
Old 12-14-2009, 05:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Same here and we got 40 cms of snow I believe and I have a HUGE hill to climb that is very hard to get up and they don't use salt here and it was like plowing through butter, I'm so impressed with how his car handles in the snow/winter conditions!
Old 12-14-2009, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same here. We went to the mountains this weekend, and had about every element you could have. First the rain, which turned to sleet which turned to snow. By the time it was over, several inches on snow on the ground. Never skipped a beat. Never even felt a slight slip and we had to drive down the mountains in freshly fallen snow. Really happy that I got this car.

Last edited by FitzLA; 12-14-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by FitzLA
Sam here. We went to the mountains this weekend, and had about every element you could have. First the rain, which turned to sleet which turned to snow. By the time it was over, several inches on snow on the ground. Never skipped a beat. Never even felt a slight slip and we had to drive down the mountains in freshly fallen snow. Really happy that I got this car.
I was waiting for your replay. Very happy to hear that you don't have any trouble to go up in Big Bear. You was on your regular tires, correct?
Old 12-14-2009, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
I was waiting for your replay. Very happy to hear that you don't have any trouble to go up in Big Bear. You was on your regular tires, correct?
Yes, just the standard facory 18's. Performed great. As a matter of fact, lots of cars were putting chains on, and I never once even considered it. Probably would have performed worse with the chains on. Aren't you getting yours soon? Isn't it almost time?

Last edited by FitzLA; 12-14-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by FitzLA
Yes, just the standard facory 18's. Preformed great. As a matter of fact, lots of cars were putting chains on, and I never once even considered it. Probably would have performed worse with the chains on. Aren't you getting yours soon? Isn't it almost time?
We was planning for July 2010 ED.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by shelby7
Same here and we got 40 cms of snow I believe and I have a HUGE hill to climb that is very hard to get up and they don't use salt here and it was like plowing through butter, I'm so impressed with how his car handles in the snow/winter conditions!
Not too sure which part of Montreal your located but my area, Plateau got about 30cm or so.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah i drove up to hunter mountain this weekened here in upsate new york. Q5 drove well. dry thruway in the morning crusing 85-90. (V1 sniffed out 4 cops) then it rained and snowed and slushed and the Q5 took all of it. the car pulls amazingly well to go up the mountain and the transmission downshifts great to pass and to slow down. love this car! i can't wait to put it in lots of snow!

Quick Reply: Driving in snow