Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

DRL out again

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Damned funny thing - got into my Q5 today and the running lights work and the parking brake warning light is off too. Wonder how it got reset. Still going back to the dealer for a check - backup camera not working now.

Bob
Old 06-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My passenger side module was replaced last week and you're correct, it became a differenc color, more yellowish rather than bright white on the driver's side. Brought it back and they claimed both modules were replaced. They said the Audi rep will be in their shop tomorrow and I'm to bring my Q5 in to show him the problem.

Were your yellowish light repaired?
Old 06-09-2010, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Ok, brought my car in today and need a new Parking Assist Module and some type of Headlight module. Hopefuly, it will be ready tomorrow and the fix will be a permanent one. I was speaking with the service guy who got me my loaner and he said they just had a guy buy an A6 and had only 86 miiles on it and when into a complete electical shutdown; had to be flatbeded to another dealer. Needless to say, he ain't a happy camper.

Bob
Old 06-11-2010, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry, haven't posted on here in a few months. After 17,000 miles on my 2010 Q5, the passenger side DRL went out. The dealer replaced both modules, and it is now working fine again. This seams to be a very common problem on the Q5's.

-Andy
Old 06-13-2010, 09:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Audi rep looked over my yellowish DRLs after both front modules were changed and said he has never heard of such a problem. What peeved me off was his attitude. He started making overtures to the idea that it's not that big of a deal. I told him that it's a big deal to me, the owner. He then said, while looking at it from the front, that people seeing from the front won't notice the difference. I said I didn't buy it to impress people looking from the front, I bought it because I like the feature. Then he said that after investigating, it may well be that the proper setting is the yellowish tint and not the bright white driver side. I set him straight and said that I have had the car for 6 months and I know the bright white one is the correct one and the reason why I bought it. When he start dissing my concern, that's when my pit-bull comes out. I essentially left him saying something like "get it fixed!" I was really disappointed as I thought he would be friendly and eager to listen, instead of trying to brush me off as a finicky complaint. Most of the people at the dealership seem sheepish to his bullying ways and I feel sorry that they have to deal with this guy from Audi. He said he was going to look into it.

The bottom line is that I got a call from the dealership yesterday and they said they're going to replace the entire passenger side DRL assembly.