Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Dynavin DVN-A5 Installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 11:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wanna tell some more issues about my dynavin: last night i drive a long way and screen brightness was too much for my eyes tried cars original screen dimming no luck no screen adjustments at dynavin menu brightness contrast etc. your only chance is turning of the display from dynavin menu

i didnt hear anything about N6 version but i hope that will be better and you get the best for your car (pls inform us if u install that new unit )
Old 11-04-2014, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for posting this. One question though, did you get the mirror link separate? Is it a separate product? Also, I'm guessing this will integrate with the basic system that comes on those year audis? Anyone done an install on a non S model?
I'm currently in the market for an '10-'12 Q5 and seems like the factory MMI is pretty useless, so I'm trying to weigh my options here. It will be the wife's car and she would be ecstatic to be able to mirror her phone on the screen.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by VIPSA
Thank you for posting this. One question though, did you get the mirror link separate? Is it a separate product? Also, I'm guessing this will integrate with the basic system that comes on those year audis? Anyone done an install on a non S model?
I'm currently in the market for an '10-'12 Q5 and seems like the factory MMI is pretty useless, so I'm trying to weigh my options here. It will be the wife's car and she would be ecstatic to be able to mirror her phone on the screen.
mirrorlink sold seperately
mirrorlink uses any aux in car multimedia units audi factory concert symphony or mmi system doesnt ve aux in function (i mean video, original units has only audio aux in) u can use mirrorlink in any aftermarket oem multimedias not specific to dynavin
all same unit doesnt matter if ur car is sq5 or q5 dynavin will fit
Old 11-05-2014, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks, does the Dynavin NAV display directions in the little screen next to the odometer like the OEM NAV does?
Old 11-05-2014, 10:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by VIPSA
Thanks, does the Dynavin NAV display directions in the little screen next to the odometer like the OEM NAV does?
nope
only some zenec brand aftermarket units display that navi directions at MFD
but zenec has no units for b8 a4
but imo like the new passat b8, audi a4 b9 will surely have full digital dashboard screen with navi like this:

Old 11-05-2014, 11:47 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

these are audi concept photos from paris 2012

audi tt offroad concept

audi crosslane coupe concept
Old 11-06-2014, 12:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 358 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatih Demir
nope
only some zenec brand aftermarket units display that navi directions at MFD
but zenec has no units for b8 a4
but imo like the new passat b8, audi a4 b9 will surely have full digital dashboard screen with navi like this
It's not standard, than additional equipment

Old 11-06-2014, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

i didnt say standard equipment!
ofc its optional lol

anyway lets turn to the main subject

another negative of dvn-a5 : navigation sd card is at the right side of the screen and u cant reach it wo removin the trim so if any update needed that ll be a lil pain
Old 11-10-2014, 09:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

yup
dynavin announced new unit n6-a5

Dynavin

Audi A5 2007-2014 Dynavin N6 Multimedia Navigation System

Last edited by Fatih Demir; 11-11-2014 at 12:10 AM.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by hyboost
Final update. We figured out the sound issue. The Audi RCA plugs didn't work. It appears that Dynavin unit was already hardwired in and didn't need a separate audio input into the car. The trick was getting an Aux cable, plugging that into AMI connection which triggered the car to enable Aux as an input. That resulted in Dynavin automatically playing when Aux is selected (even thought nothing needs to be physically plugged into the 3.5mm Aux connection).

For anyone looking to do this, its actually a great system. We've been using it for a couple weeks and we're very happy with it. Nav is very good once we downloaded additional POI's ($9) and some additional 3D buildings ($9).

Hi I'm struggling with the audi part from dynavin no audi Comes out from the system how do I do this

Quick Reply: Dynavin DVN-A5 Installed