Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Old 07-25-2016, 08:50 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

EPC and check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2021, 04:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My '09 Q5 is also getting the EPC ECL light combo. It could be because my GF hit a post and knocked loose the CC radar.
Weird that it didn't start giving this message until quite some time after this happened.
I'm finally getting around to having the radar recalibrated.

THIS JUST IN: GF just called while I was typing this exact post, car stalled on the road while making a turn.
It seems something else might be the problem after all. I know it does kick when shifting to D and throttling up.
I think when I ran the VAGCOM I saw a gearshift sensor problem come up.
A few years ago I had the tranny flushed and bad sludge came out...
Old 12-30-2021, 04:23 AM
IMAUDI…

Default Check 02 sensor?

My check engine light in my TT was one of my two 02 sensors had gone out. Very common I was told. Cheap, easy fix.
Old 01-24-2024, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Same exact issue-HELP

So my 2011 Audi Q5 is having almost the exact same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

Originally Posted by 4ttroMeemz
I hope someone can help. I have a 2009 Q5 3.2
i started having a rough idle, after about a week or two, check engine light came on. Brought it to audi.
i had misfires on 1, 3 ,6. So the spark plugs/ coil packs were swapped, still misfire on 1 and 3. Fast forward, i eventually get all 6 spark plugs, coil packs, fuel injectors all changed. They never changed the valve cover gasket, and told me it was optional. I feel like they should have changed it considering the dam manifold was open, it would have made sense. Anyway, after all that, i still get misfire cyl 1 and now 4! And a code that said "hide cylinder" (i forgot the code)
Someone told me it could be a leak. So i replaced a cracked hose located behind the manifold, closer towards the windshield area. It's like a 3 or 4 prong hose set.
misfire on 1 and 4 continue and now EPC light is on. It feels like it is going to run out of gas.
i can shut off the car off, wait a min or two and the EPC light goes off.
brought the car back to audi, the mechanic was determined to figure out what the problem is..Performed compression check, everything was within spec except for cyl 1. Finally he found excessive wear on cyl 1 camshaft lobe and rocker roller which is causing a gap between camshaft and valve and not sending enough air to piston which causes the misfire. But doesn't recommend i bother fixing it because it could be a 50/50 chance that is the cause of problem.
i know this was a lot, but please,
SOMEONE..... ANYONE....HELP! Any info would be soooooo helpful