Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Estoril Blue Crystal color...

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Estoril Blue Crystal color...

I've been looking to get the Q5 for the past year or two, but we are going to be doing European Delivery on a 2014 model in October. I always thought I had all of the options decided already, but recently we had a new monkey wrench thrown into the decision-making process. We were originally going to go with the new Scuba Blue, but after seeing the color in person it looks lighter than we had anticipated. Now we are trying to see if we can get Estoril Blue Crystal on the Q5. I know it's not one of the default colors, but if we are willing to pay Exclusive Color pricing (+$2500) it may be an option. I was going to get the full S-Line Sports package (+$3000). My question is at that price, should I consider paying a little more an go for the 2014 SQ5 since that blue is available for possibly $1000 instead of $2500, plus I wouldn't be paying for the S-Line package? So far there is no pricing on this model and no specific production date on this model. Does anyone have more information on the SQ5? I've heard it may be around $10k more than the Q5. So using my logic, it may be around $5000 more for the SQ5. One other issue, will the SQ5 be ready for production and then delivery in October 2013?
Old 04-05-2013, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Here's a chart you might find useful -
Name:  Audiblues02.png
Views: 5475
Size:  64.4 KB

I was going to pay $2500 for Estoril blue until I saw it on another model at the dealership. The crystal effect looked great i the sun but it went flat in the shade. In western NY where I live, it's overcast all the time.

While I was looking at colors, I spotted the Garnet red metallic. I didn't like the color in pictures but it looked good in person.

Bottom line: see the color in person before making your final decision. The other thing is if you are going to pay for a special color, make it worthwhile. Don't pay extra for a color that is available on another trim level.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by tenspeed
Bottom line: see the color in person before making your final decision. The other thing is if you are going to pay for a special color, make it worthwhile. Don't pay extra for a color that is available on another trim level.
Definitely need to see any "effect" colors in person, since pictures are so hard to capture the actual look of it. As the chart helps show, the base color of the Estoril is pretty close to Scuba (though even darker). I think the highlights are fairly similar, too, but I don't know how the "crystal" effect varies from a standard "metallic" to have any guesses there (and not having been to any of the auto shows I haven't seen the SQ5 in person).

I'm not sure if the crystal colors like Estoril and Aral are available via Exclusive, and if they are I would think it'd be more than the standard colors (if not, that's a heck of a deal since the crystal options are $1075 on the models they're normally available on, so an extra $1425 is better than the extra $2025 for standard metallic/pearl).

I'm sure if you're really set on Estoril then the best way to get it would be to just get the SQ5, since the SQ5 should get you some things that won't be available on a normal Q5. Of course we don't know enough yet about the configuration and pricing of the SQ5 to make a value determination, but guesses on pricing I think should hold up (the usual "add ~$10K to a normal model") so if we can get order guides relatively soon then you can probably guess based on those whether it's worth the extra to you.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The sq5 will probably only come in prestige trim. A current prestige q5 that has the full sline sport package is 55.5-56k

So if you added another 2500 vs the 475 metallic, it nets out another $2000.

You'd be nudging 58 grand....I'd pass on that and pay 62k for the estoril sq5
Old 04-06-2013, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here were some Estoril pics I took in the sunlight...

Name:  IMAG1221.jpg
Views: 1243
Size:  109.0 KB

Name:  IMAG1220-1.jpg
Views: 908
Size:  81.4 KB
Old 04-06-2013, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
The sq5 will probably only come in prestige trim.
I'd be surprised if they only had a single trim level for the SQ5 as the 3.0T S models all come in P+ and Prestige (the S6/7/8 with the 4.0T don't have trims, however). As the Q5 is most closely related to the A4/5, I would expect the SQ5 to be along the lines of the S4/5 (in general). As for what exactly they decide to put in the SQ5, it's hard to say at this point.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

This guy said he was first in line for an SQ5 with expected delivery in the June/July timeframe.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2845397

Others have stated 3rd quarter. I'm waiting too, but I actually want to drive an SQ5 before I fork over another $10,000. But regardless if I get the SQ5 or Q5, mine will be the very exclusive color Teak Metallic Brown. I think there is only one other guy in this forum who likes this color😄.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sq5wantabe
This guy said he was first in line for an SQ5 with expected delivery in the June/July timeframe.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2845397
He didn't say delivery in June/July, but was talking about ordering (he's first in line to order, and his dealer is expecting that to happen in June/July).
Old 04-07-2013, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The April allocation will come down in a few weeks. So if you add 3 months to delivery, late July is the best case scenario for an sq5 delivery.....even if you can order one this month.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jperryrocks
The April allocation will come down in a few weeks. So if you add 3 months to delivery, late July is the best case scenario for an sq5 delivery.....even if you can order one this month.
Guys... The SQ5 is part of the Audi Auto Show line up as I was able to sit in one in March(had to ask for special permission) that was roped off - I am kicking myself for not taking some pictures..

Anyway - if there is an auto show in a city near you it s worth going there as a BLUE!! one is being displayed!!

Yes - its sharp!!

Quick Reply: Estoril Blue Crystal color...