Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Old 08-09-2016, 09:27 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

Euro grill and plate

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 139 Likes on 93 Posts

Looks really good, Abacon. I have the Hoen H11 55W fogs. As far as install can u give a quick rundown as to how you did it. Do I need a Torx 25 screwdriver? Also wondering if you got any error codes? I saw some other forums where people had error codes. Although I'm assuming they used the wrong bulbs. Thx...
Old 02-06-2011, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jrjunior31
Looks really good, Abacon. I have the Hoen H11 55W fogs. As far as install can u give a quick rundown as to how you did it. Do I need a Torx 25 screwdriver? Also wondering if you got any error codes? I saw some other forums where people had error codes. Although I'm assuming they used the wrong bulbs. Thx...
The fog light install was pretty straight forward. You need to pull the black cover pieces off that cover the fog lights. There are numerous plastic clips that hold it in. After that, there are two torx screws holding in the lamp (T 25 bit). The light bulb comes out with a quarter turn. I didn't get any error codes on either set of lights. Getting the license plate lights out was a bit more of a challenge until I figured it out. There is a metal clip that springs in to place on the right side of each light. You have to stick some sort of plastic wedge from the right to push that metal clip and release the light. I actually used a bigger plastic zip tie. It had enough durability to push the clip but was flexible enough not damage the paint. The hoen license plate lights are designed to provide the proper resistance to not generate an error code. Still deciding if I like them though.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here's a link for the fog light bulb swap....

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...omes?styleid=8
Old 02-07-2011, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 139 Likes on 93 Posts

Sounds good. Thx for the info.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

So I got my Xenon match fog lamps in today. I think I like them more than the Hoen LED ones. There whiter than the stock color but not as bright as the leds. Here are the before and after pictures.
Attached Images   
Old 09-07-2011, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ukjeeper21
Thanks all!

I bought the Q5 LED interior kit and license plate LEDs from Tunerdomes. Their customer service is top notch and David (the owner) responded quickly to my emails since at the time, the kit was not available. The below link lists the price and breakdown of the bulbs.

http://www.tunerdomes.com/index.php?...wCat&catId=346

I get a lot of compliments from random folks, especially at night when I lock/unlock the car and the interior lights, DRLs, and fog lights come on automatically. IMO it completes the look

I purchased the grill (Part # 8R0-853-651-A-T94) from my local dealership. Cost was $322 and install $160.

Here is a comparison of the new and old grill. I absolutely hated the grey finish of the stock grill. IMO the gloss black looks so much better. I didn't have the option to choose the finish of the grill (if that's even possible) since I ordered the Q5 while I was deployed.
Do you have the part number for the Euro Gloss Black Grille w/o parking sensors?
Old 12-21-2011, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Can you advise part number of the Euro grill and where it was purchased?

I'd like to do the same, but so far have been given alot of options but no specifics on how to proceed. Any comments or help is much appreciated.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 358 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by sjtt152
Can you advise part number of the Euro grill and where it was purchased?

I'd like to do the same, but so far have been given alot of options but no specifics on how to proceed. Any comments or help is much appreciated.
Do you have parking sensors in the front or not?
Which color you need: stone gray, black and glossy black?

Here you have instructions on how to replace front grille:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...2814166&page=2

Last edited by spijun; 12-21-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I do have the Glossy Black S-Line Grill with 11 chrome slats and front parking sensors. After much research I believe the part number for the correct European license plate bracket is 8R0807285D-T94. This would be ideal as I would not have to replace the complete grill. Not sure if anyone could verify this????????

If I do have to replace the complete grill with above mentioned specs, what is the correct part number?

I appreciate any help and certainly will keep everyone up to date on progress.

Thank you in advance.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hope you don't mind me asking but where did you get the ETKA?

Quick Reply: Euro grill and plate