Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Exhaust note through the speaker

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 04:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust note through the speaker

I have seen on the forums that Audi, VW, and a few others have a engine noise speaker in the cars....is that on the SQ5's as well? Is that why they sound like they do inside the car?
Old 02-28-2014, 05:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 1LEThumper
I have seen on the forums that Audi, VW, and a few others have a engine noise speaker in the cars....is that on the SQ5's as well? Is that why they sound like they do inside the car?
Ya its called a sound actuator. it channels the exhaust tone into the cabin and amplifies it. personally I'd rather just have an exhaust with more tone than it just being amplified to simulate it.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by osideaudi
Ya its called a sound actuator. it channels the exhaust tone into the cabin and amplifies it. personally I'd rather just have an exhaust with more tone than it just being amplified to simulate it.
That is what I was afraid of. I had a buddy drive it around the block so I could hear it from the outside and it didn't sound as loud as what it did inside, even with the flaps open on it.

Not that it needs to sound like a race car but yeah a bit more 'real' sound coming from it open would be nice.

Already talked to Akrapovic and they do not have any plans to do an exhaust for the SQ's.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 1LEThumper
That is what I was afraid of. I had a buddy drive it around the block so I could hear it from the outside and it didn't sound as loud as what it did inside, even with the flaps open on it.

Not that it needs to sound like a race car but yeah a bit more 'real' sound coming from it open would be nice.

Already talked to Akrapovic and they do not have any plans to do an exhaust for the SQ's.
Miltek and AWE both said that its on the development block. when that actually will happen though is a different story. I'd expect in a year or so