Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Which Exterior Color is best

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Black exterior w/ cinnamon interior! Yeah baby!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by cloudurbain
Very nice!
Thanks
The interior color is not as hot as black and does not show dirt as easily. And of course White does not show much dirt and is cool in the summer heat.

I tried to get that interior color for the RS - since White was already a extra cost option on the car but Audi wanted US$14K for that
Old 06-23-2011, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Color is so subjective... get what YOU like.

The light gray interior is nice and not too difficult to keep clean. Biggest issue is cleaning leather seats as they get dirty quickly from jeans.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

How high is up?
Old 06-23-2011, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just purchased a Q5 yesterday (yeah!!!!) but am having a heck of a time choosing my colors!
Have tentatively chosen Ibis White with the black interior, but am also considering brilliant black or ice silver. I am a silver girl (currently have a silver A4) and like that classic look. Love black as well and realize this is very popular but worry about the dirty issues. I do like the white - it kind of has a sportier feel - but worry I'll get sick of it.

With the interior I really like the beige but my husband thinks the dashboard looks green. I like the light grey too but again with the light colour worry about the dirt. Although I have black interior now and with the two kids eating snacks and the street salt in the winter it can look pretty rough as well!

Opinions/suggestions please!!!!!

Thanks!
I'm picking up my MY2011 in 2 days. I debated back and forth, but finally chose Ibis White (although after seeing the Glacier White fkr 12, i'm gonna be jealous). I'm a guy too but with the S line mods i'm gonna do to the car, white us sporty and luxurious, imo.

As for the interior, the gray IMO is very bland, blah. The black is not only hot in the summer, but also very dark and a solid shade. I really liked the Cardamom (beige) for a ling time, and still do, because of its 2-tone pattern, but it was not quite what I was after. Then I met the Cinnamon. A mix of that cinnamon brown leather and black dash, wheel, etc did it for me. I'm a 2-tone type of guy and that combo looks ultra sporty for me. Not to mention it makes the walnut trim pop in the car moreso than any other color. Mix all that with chrome/aluminum/silver, red & black accents with the s line mods, and it makes the White/cinnamon combo the sportiest look out there, IMO.

I will be jealous of that Glacier White tho. Esp when I get to finally see it in person!
Old 06-23-2011, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ThunderDent
I'm picking up my MY2011 in 2 days. I debated back and forth, but finally chose Ibis White (although after seeing the Glacier White fkr 12, i'm gonna be jealous). I'm a guy too but with the S line mods i'm gonna do to the car, white us sporty and luxurious, imo.

As for the interior, the gray IMO is very bland, blah. The black is not only hot in the summer, but also very dark and a solid shade. I really liked the Cardamom (beige) for a ling time, and still do, because of its 2-tone pattern, but it was not quite what I was after. Then I met the Cinnamon. A mix of that cinnamon brown leather and black dash, wheel, etc did it for me. I'm a 2-tone type of guy and that combo looks ultra sporty for me. Not to mention it makes the walnut trim pop in the car moreso than any other color. Mix all that with chrome/aluminum/silver, red & black accents with the s line mods, and it makes the White/cinnamon combo the sportiest look out there, IMO.

I will be jealous of that Glacier White tho. Esp when I get to finally see it in person!
OMG, I just googled the Glacier White and it is awesome! Is that even an option for the Q5??? I didn't see it on the website and our sales guy didn't mention it either! Is this only in US or europe? (I live in Canada)
Old 06-23-2011, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have owned silver and white cars all of my life. They tend to not show light dirt and rain, where the darker colors do. This poast weekend I ordered a Q5 in Monsoon Gray with Cinnamon leather. But since its a 2012 the cannot tell me what wheels I can select from, or even what comes standard in "Prestige" package.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

I love my Deep Sea Blue. Almost black with a touch of color. I don't know if the heat difference is really that much compared to white. Getting dirty.. sure the darker colors show dirt.. but when they are clean, they look so much better(IMHO).

My salesman said it best..get the color you would love looking at everyday.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

OMG, I just googled the Glacier White and it is awesome! Is that even an option for the Q5??? I didn't see it on the website and our sales guy didn't mention it either! Is this only in US or europe? (I live in Canada)
Not sure about it being available in Canada, I would guess so but... Anyway it is available in the US for MY 2012. A handful of colors were updated last week when pricing, etc was released. I agree with you it is an awesome color. For me I never thought I would have wanted a white Q5 but I do now! Here is a comparison of the 2 whites next to each other... https://forums.audiworld.com/attachm...1&d=1308432510
Old 06-23-2011, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BayGBM
Black exterior w/ cinnamon interior! Yeah baby!
That's what I just ordered - 2012.

Quick Reply: Which Exterior Color is best