Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Which Exterior Color is best

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hawke94
Like Lyth said, silver is also an uncommon color for the Q5, although I saw about 3 others in NYC this weekend. The others we saw were either black or blue.
I might of been one of those 3! lol.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Otto Man
I wonder why there isn't a red color offered?
http://machinespider.com/wp-content/...12-audi-q5.jpg
^ this with MOFSTEEL's grey interior is my dream...but I'm not going to pay a premium for it.. Is the Q line the only car not offered in red as a standard color?
Old 06-27-2011, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by buckeyebill
^ this with MOFSTEEL's grey interior is my dream...but I'm not going to pay a premium for it.. Is the Q line the only car not offered in red as a standard color?
Wow, that is gorgeous!
Old 06-27-2011, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Silver cars have always been my favorite. The quartz grey almost won me over because I wanted the cinnamon seats, but I was afraid I'd regret not having the ice silver. Also, I figured Audi must think the silver showed the car off to the greatest advantage, since that's the color they used predominantly in their brochures and advertising campaigns!
Old 06-28-2011, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

I wonder why there isn't a red color offered?
http://machinespider.com/wp-content/...12-audi-q5.jpg
there's a Garnet Red that was offered at least
Old 06-28-2011, 03:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have always been under the impression silver exterior with red interior is the traditional German combination. Just like English cars are associated with green (w/brown?), Italian cars are red (w/tan), American cars are white with blue stripes and black interior (I think). I have a new Mustang GT that is silver w/red leather and I think it looks sharp as a tack. My TT is silver w/black. I just need something other than silver. What is nice about silver is you cannot notice those swirl scratches that show up over years of washing and drying.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have always been under the impression silver exterior with red interior is the traditional German combination. Just like English cars are associated with green (w/brown?), Italian cars are red (w/tan), American cars are white with blue stripes and black interior (I think). I have a new Mustang GT that is silver w/red leather and I think it looks sharp as a tack. My TT is silver w/black. I just need something other than silver. What is nice about silver is you cannot notice those swirl scratches that show up over years of washing and drying.
White with blue stripes.....Really? No stars?
Old 06-28-2011, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Brittish Racing Green has been a classic since the turn of the century (the next to the last one). Tan interiors have been paired with these for a very long time. I remember MG TCs with this color combination in the 50s and I've seen pictures of pre-war TAs with a similar combination.

But white with blue stripes and black? Not exactly a classic.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Marley's Ghost
I remember MG TCs with this color combination in the 50s and I've seen pictures of pre-war TAs with a similar combination.
I had a '52 MG TD. It was creme yellow with a medium green interior. Beautiful.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Help with the color options

I'm planning to purchase a Q5, but need help with the color scheme. The color I had in mind was florett silver with p. Beige interior, but my local dealership says it doesn't match. I've found 2 in the U.S. What do you all think? Does it match?

Quick Reply: Which Exterior Color is best