Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

EZ PASS on a Q5

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 01:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EZ PASS on a Q5

Travel quite a bit to Brooklyn, NY. Considering an EZ PASS to make toll passing much faster and easier. Anyone mount one of these on the Q5? Does it fit? Can you post pictures? Curious how it looks when mounted. Thanks!
Old 03-18-2011, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Q5ACK
Travel quite a bit to Brooklyn, NY. Considering an EZ PASS to make toll passing much faster and easier. Anyone mount one of these on the Q5? Does it fit? Can you post pictures? Curious how it looks when mounted. Thanks!
I use an EZ Pass holder that I found on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B0007N20GM

I have it up to the right of the rear view mirror so it's not in the way at all.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Q5ACK
Between driving 2 cars and theft (sad but true where I work folks have had their cars broken into and they've stolen these little white boxes) so I've never mounted my EZ Pass BUT when I go through the toll it does 'sit' well on the dash just over the upper left speaker :/

It is worth having the pass as (at least here in NH or on my travels down to NYC) rates are a bit less charge too.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default ouch

[QUOTE=loscoz;24118314]Between driving 2 cars and theft (sad but true where I work folks have had their cars broken into and they've stolen these little white boxes) so I've never mounted my EZ Pass... QUOTE]

I've never head of anyone having their car broken into just for ezpass (they take you and your cars picture here when you use it, so it's sort of silly to steal them).

I'm in NYC, have been since I started driving. Have been using EZPass since mid 90s and I have always had it up on the glass. Never had any issues. I also found that the dinky little velcro strips that come with the ezpass are the best way to mount them. They have never fallen off on me, but they will peel off cleanly when you want to remove them. By contrast, I've tried using suction holders of a couple of kinds and they all fall off after hot/cold changes in about 6 months, when the plastic of the suction cups starts to harden.

I also have my ezpass mounted right above and to the right of the rearview mirror. It actually provides a bit of extra coverage from the sun when it's at that angle in the morning
Old 03-18-2011, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have my easy pass mounted to the right of the rear view mirror exactly at the spot where I can't see it when driving. I will try to post a picture over the weekend if still needed. The standard velcro strips is what I use.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

to the left of my mirror is my V1, to the right of my mirror is my ezpass. Wish we had a better tint strip on our windshield to cover them better. I've had ezpass for MANY years, its very fast and convenient (also cheaper)

I've never heard it being stole. It's pretty stupid to steal one since they are trackable. Report it stolen and if they use it i'm sure it'll set something off and since most toll booths have police nearby....
Old 03-18-2011, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by bayridgeguy
I have my easy pass mounted to the right of the rear view mirror exactly at the spot where I can't see it when driving. I will try to post a picture over the weekend if still needed. The standard velcro strips is what I use.
+1
Old 03-18-2011, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+1. If correctly positioned, you really can't see it from the driver's seat.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

+2

Old 03-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It's silly NOT to have one if you are in the EZpass serviced areas, or travel there frequently. It doesn't cost you anything (other than some prepaying of tolls to load the pass), you pay less if you use it, and you don't have to feel like a loser in the cash lane when you ought to have an EZpass available.

Have had EZpass in every car I've had since I got my first car around 13 years ago. Have always kept it either on the window area or in the glove (when not using daily). Never been stolen - yet(and never stolen by parking lot attendents in NYC who have always had easy access to it .

Quick Reply: EZ PASS on a Q5