Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

First Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an annoying rattle that seems to be coming from inside the pillar beside my ear (behind the seat belt adjuster). How easy or difficult would it be to pop the trim off on the pillar, has anyone ever done so? I don't want to damage anything, so any help is appreciated!
Old 07-26-2011, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by QQQQuattro
I have an annoying rattle that seems to be coming from inside the pillar beside my ear (behind the seat belt adjuster). How easy or difficult would it be to pop the trim off on the pillar, has anyone ever done so? I don't want to damage anything, so any help is appreciated!
I experienced what I thought was a rattle in this area but it turned out to be more of a creak. I eventually attributed the noise to friction between the glass and the weatherstripping on the driver's door. Next time you hear your noise try lowering the window just a bit and see if it stops. If it does stop then all you need to do is apply some spray silicone lube to the rubber weatherstriping in the channel the glass fits into. Spray a Q-tip and drag through the channel.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Will give that a shot...thanks!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HaveBullDogWillTravel
I experienced what I thought was a rattle in this area but it turned out to be more of a creak. I eventually attributed the noise to friction between the glass and the weatherstripping on the driver's door. Next time you hear your noise try lowering the window just a bit and see if it stops. If it does stop then all you need to do is apply some spray silicone lube to the rubber weatherstriping in the channel the glass fits into. Spray a Q-tip and drag through the channel.
I have this creak too. Just started happening. At first i thought the window relay was bad and the motor was not disengaging. I'll try the silicone and see if that makes it go away.