Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Front License Plate Bracket Swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front License Plate Bracket Swap

I would love to swap my front license plate panel for a non license plate panel for my 2015 Q5.... I purchased in NJ which has front plates, we live in Delaware which doesn't.... Anyone interested hit me up on here.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by delawareguy
I would love to swap my front license plate panel for a non license plate panel for my 2015 Q5.... I purchased in NJ which has front plates, we live in Delaware which doesn't.... Anyone interested hit me up on here.
Is there a "non-panel"? On my 2011, which was originally registered in Illinois, now I'm in Michigan where the auto capital of the world prefer the front end not be cluttered. I just removed the plastic bracket. It looked like the normal bumper Fascia under it. Doesn't look like you need to add anything back on.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

that actually occured to me already... i emailed a friend who works for audi in their parts system... I would love to just have the grill, the panel is just a cheesy piece of plastic....
Old 09-18-2015, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that actually occured to me already... i emailed a friend who works for audi in their parts system... I would love to just have the grill, the panel is just a cheesy piece of plastic....
worse, it's poorly painted, so on mine, the paint was peeling off in one spot. Just a cheap POS to satisfy front plate requirements for some states. If the US used wider narrower, but overall smaller front plates, it would be easier to integrate them. I'd actually make rear plates larger. As usual, Europeans do it right. Their numbers are larger and much more legible. Black on white and standardized. At a glance, you know what country and region they are from. You could easily do the same and even have a code for the county the vehicle is registered in.... similar to a zip code. You could even include a year code.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Front plate Swap

I just purchased a pre-owned 2013 from PA and MD requires the front license plate. I am looking for the glossy black bracket. Is this what you have?