Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Gray With Cinnamon Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gray With Cinnamon Pictures

Hello all. I sent my wife to the local Audi dealership this weekend to look at interior and exterior colors. She was a little concerned about the cinnamon interior, but after looking at she liked it. Now she's wondering how it would go with gray. I realize no one has the new monsoon gray yet, but I was wondering if someone could post pictures of some of other gray colors with cinnamon interior and exterior in the same shot, to see how they look together. I've seen some of cinnamon interior pictures people have posted, but they really don't capture much of the exterior.

Thanks in advance.

Getting close to placing my order, I think its going to be next month.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the quartz gray with cinnamon interior. I don't have any pics of the combo but it looks great, I get a lot of compliments on it. I'll try to take a few pics and post them for you.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Will This Give You an Idea?

Here's our Meteor Grey/Cinnabuns combo. My impression from the Q3 auto show photo was that the Monsoon does seem to fall between Meteor and Quartz as far as the "intensity" of grey goes, with perhaps less of a green tint than ours. The brochure pdf I just saw on one of the referenced threads goes way overboard on the green hue.

Ours has only a slight hint of green in it at times, which I think works well with the Cinnabuns. We really like the richness of the Meteor Grey. I think anything in the medium to darker grey range will work just fine as well, but the Ice Silver is/was probably a bit too light for it, in my view.

Another complication for judging combos of our type from posted photos is that I've yet to see a photo of the black headliner and door panels that really appear as true black, which is what the headliner will be if you select the Cinnabuns, at least that was true for MY11. As you can see, our photos don't show the true black either.

Perhaps there's a bit too much sun glare to give a good idea of the Meteor grey color, but I suspect the Monsoon would appear quite similar. If you've already seen this one and it doesn't provide enough contrast for you, I'll see if I can get a better shot for you.

Cheers!
Attached Images  
Old 06-26-2011, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thanks

Thanks for the photos, I'll start sending them to the wife. Glad to hear you guys like the combo.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

One other thing to note, the Q5 at the Philly Auto show had my exact color combo, Quartz Gray and Cinnamon interior. They don't pick ugly combos to display at the auto show.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Especially when they know that St. Joe Hawks are in the building!!