Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Hartmann Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you Elevens and by-tor for the information. It sounds like the Hartmann rims wouldn't be a bad substitute for the Audi S-Line rims. You've both made the decision to purchase them much easier.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:47 AM
gxs
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
I'm with by-tor. Perfectly satisfied and I'm not easy! German OE quality for less than 1/2 the price. They are very well built yet very light. Bonus that the factory lugs and center cap fit perfectly and no TPMS sensor requirement with 2010+.
Can someone elaborate on the no TPMS sensor requirement with 2010+? How does the TPMS work then?
Old 04-09-2011, 07:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Audi uses a relatively new idea for TPMS implementation. Since the Audi has traction control, and there is a wheel spin sensor at all four corners, Audi employs a "software" solution to detect a wheel which has lost significant pressure.

The rolling RPM of every wheel is averaged while in motion, and if a wheel begins loosing pressure, this average will change for the afflicted wheel due to deformation. Granted, the amount of pressure loss is going to be more significant (compared to sensor methods) before the TPMS warns you, but apparently this passes government guidelines.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:05 AM
gxs
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AWF Axis
Audi uses a relatively new idea for TPMS implementation. Since the Audi has traction control, and there is a wheel spin sensor at all four corners, Audi employs a "software" solution to detect a wheel which has lost significant pressure.

The rolling RPM of every wheel is averaged while in motion, and if a wheel begins loosing pressure, this average will change for the afflicted wheel due to deformation. Granted, the amount of pressure loss is going to be more significant (compared to sensor methods) before the TPMS warns you, but apparently this passes government guidelines.
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I guess this saves some costs (both Audi and the customer). Also makes it easier to purchase new rims...
Old 04-12-2011, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ELEVENS
Here's a (crappy cel phone) pic of 19" Hartmann TTRS replicas:
Just wondering if you have any more pics of this set up? and which offset did you went with?

I've just started looking for replica wheels, and find the width/offset of Hartmann wheels a little more aggressive than I would like.

Another option is the TT RS replicas being sold by PYSpeed, they have the closest offset to stock wheels, but unsure about the quality...

http://www.pyspeed.com/AU510-OEM-Rep...m-au510-19.htm
Old 04-13-2011, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by uberdubster
Just wondering if you have any more pics of this set up? and which offset did you went with?

I've just started looking for replica wheels, and find the width/offset of Hartmann wheels a little more aggressive than I would like.

Another option is the TT RS replicas being sold by PYSpeed, they have the closest offset to stock wheels, but unsure about the quality...

http://www.pyspeed.com/AU510-OEM-Rep...m-au510-19.htm
I contacted Achtuning a month or so ago about getting these rims in the darker gray, and they told me these should be available by Hartmann soon (they told me as early as late March, but they are not on the site yet). I think I'll wait to see if Hartmann makes them since that is a more well known manufacturer.

http://shop.achtuning.com/Hartmann-H...eels-Audi.aspx
Old 04-13-2011, 09:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I believe the 20" s line wheels have a 33mm offset. I see several offsets offered on after market wheels. What should I be thinking about when choosing the offset?

Also are wheels sold by oemwheels.com abd oewheelsllc.com not as good as Hartmann? The first 2 are much cheaper.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by schanyc
I believe the 20" s line wheels have a 33mm offset. I see several offsets offered on after market wheels. What should I be thinking about when choosing the offset?

Also are wheels sold by oemwheels.com abd oewheelsllc.com not as good as Hartmann? The first 2 are much cheaper.
If you look at the top control arm of your Q5, you will see there is NO room for error. You need to drop the wheel offset as you go with larger width wheels. Also, you cannot use a much larger diameter tire without hitting the top journal.

The S-Line 20" wheel has a 33mm offset, with a 8.5" width. The cheapo's on eBay have 35 or 40mm offsets, with a 9" width. This will not work without a wheel spacer, which they put in the fine print.

Hartmann's 20" wheels for Q5 have a 25mm offset with their 20x9 wheels. This correctly compensates for the additional width of the wheel. This movement outward will not overshoot the fender either, as the Q5 has some room there.

Hartmann has some pics of the Q5 with the larger wheels so you can verify the clearance.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I contacted Achtuning yesterday, the Titanium edition wheels should be available in late May. Thinking I might pick up a set.

http://www.audisouth.co.uk/Audi_Sout...CK-EDITION.gif
Old 05-02-2011, 10:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Great info! I wanted to confirm that my Q5 19 in. 5 spoke wheels with tire size 235/55 will fit on the Hartmann 19 in. triple 5 spoke wheel? I saw somwhere that tire size should be 255.

Originally Posted by AWF Axis
If you look at the top control arm of your Q5, you will see there is NO room for error. You need to drop the wheel offset as you go with larger width wheels. Also, you cannot use a much larger diameter tire without hitting the top journal.

The S-Line 20" wheel has a 33mm offset, with a 8.5" width. The cheapo's on eBay have 35 or 40mm offsets, with a 9" width. This will not work without a wheel spacer, which they put in the fine print.

Hartmann's 20" wheels for Q5 have a 25mm offset with their 20x9 wheels. This correctly compensates for the additional width of the wheel. This movement outward will not overshoot the fender either, as the Q5 has some room there.

Hartmann has some pics of the Q5 with the larger wheels so you can verify the clearance.

Quick Reply: Hartmann Wheels