Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Headed to Q5. Anyone combined BOTH Sport and Comfort Packages??

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 04:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ajnanyc
Hello, I am looking at purchasing a 2014-2015 SQ5 and would like to know if ventilated seats are an option, and if so what is the name of the package or trim that I should look for?
Luxury (Comfort) Package. Keep in mind they're not the sport seats though.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Hello, I am looking at purchasing a 2014-2015 SQ5 and would like to know if ventilated seats are an option, and if so what is the name of the package or trim that I should look for?
I have them in my 2016 SQ5, so it's definetly is an option. The thing is - at least here in Canada they are only available as "sold order" so odds are you won't see many of them in the dealerships' lots.
Just a heads up for you though from the practical point of view - ventilators do make some noise which may be annoying to those who like driving in a quiet cabin with radio off. I always listen to something while driving and I can barely hear them running, so it's not a problem for me. But I once lent my car to a friend of mine who does prefer a quiet cabin, and he brought this issue to my attention. Honestly before he told me I didn't even pay enough attention to notice this noise at all.
Old 11-23-2016, 08:23 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate the replies so far. So I assume that the ventilated seats are perforated? I'm still not sure what the difference visually is between the trims. Would someone please identify what trims I'm looking at below. Thank you.

Is this considered a comfort/luxury seat?

Is this the sport version variant?
Old 11-24-2016, 03:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Here is what ventilated seats look like in my car (sorry about quality - it's cell phone photos):
https://i.imgur.com/7TREt7A.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/fx6u7uN.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/me0d2mZ.jpg
Old 11-24-2016, 11:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by asmi84
Here is what ventilated seats look like in my car (sorry about quality - it's cell phone photos):
https://i.imgur.com/7TREt7A.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/fx6u7uN.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/me0d2mZ.jpg
Thanks for the photos! Indeed they do look perforated. Now to find a used SQ5 that has such seats. Not an easy find from what I can gather.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the photos! Indeed they do look perforated.
Yes they are. I also like that they blow air not only through the bottom of a seat, but also through the backside. So getting into the car during summer is not that bad as seats cool down quite quickly.
Now to find a used SQ5 that has such seats. Not an easy find from what I can gather.
Yea I suspect that to be the case. When I mentioned ventilated seats to my sales rep, he immediately said it will have to be a "sold-order" meaning I will have to order it and wait for it to be built specifically for me and brought here. Same thing was with TPMS, rear door sunshades and adaptive cruise control/braking guard options. It was totally worth the wait though as I got my car just the way I wanted!
Old 11-27-2016, 08:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the photos! Indeed they do look perforated. Now to find a used SQ5 that has such seats. Not an easy find from what I can gather.
Where are you located?
There are a few here in Fl.. I have been looking for the right SQ for 7 months now.....
Old 11-28-2016, 12:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rhite95
Where are you located?
There are a few here in Fl.. I have been looking for the right SQ for 7 months now.....
Hi, I'm in L.A and willing to travel interstate in my search. What's your criteria, what are you looking for?
Old 11-28-2016, 03:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi, I'm in L.A and willing to travel interstate in my search. What's your criteria, what are you looking for?

I am looking for a low mile CPO with fine Nappa leather. Any color but black or red. Black ops also. 500 mile range.

Here is one of the ones that have the ventilated seats ....

Cars for Sale: Used 2015 Audi SQ5 in Premium Plus, Hardeeville SC: 29927 Details - Sport Utility - Autotrader

Last edited by rhite95; 11-28-2016 at 03:50 AM.
Old 11-28-2016, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rhite95
I am looking for a low mile CPO with fine Nappa leather. Any color but black or red. Black ops also. 500 mile range.

Here is one of the ones that have the ventilated seats ....

Cars for Sale: Used 2015 Audi SQ5 in Premium Plus, Hardeeville SC: 29927 Details - Sport Utility - Autotrader
Appreciate the link, but...site is currently unavailable.

This looks like a really good find in FL.

Quick Reply: Headed to Q5. Anyone combined BOTH Sport and Comfort Packages??